Monday, December 14, 2009

Another Step Closer

I finally got Book #1 (The Uncommon One) back from my daughter after she reviewed and “edited” it. Frankly, I was a little surprised. I thought she would tear it to pieces. The mistakes she found were valid (I apparently like semi-colons too much!) and most of her suggestions warrant changes (where as one big suggestion warrants a discussion with her). Anyway, I was encouraged and not bummed as I expected to be.

That book is currently entered in three contests of which I hope to get critique back in January and February. After that, I will start looking for an agent, as soon as I can figure out how to write a query that doesn’t sound like Twilight. Apparently you have a book with a vampire and a human and people assume Twilight. The query has been tough to write and I’m still looking for some help with my daughter (gotta find that angle that separates it from the rest of the vampire novels).

By the way, she is studying to be an editor – so I’m really giving her practice here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Stacy!

Tonya Kappes said...

Good luck Stacy! When I wrote my first novel, I had a ton of coma's, 'that', semi's~ only because I got them on sale and sprinkled them all over the novel.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Hi Meg! Thanks for visiting. How the heck did you find me?

Tonya - I've been following Chasing Heroes for a while now. Do you go to the OVRWA meetings? I don't think I've met everyone there, yet (or if I have, I don't remember - I can get brain overload pretty easy!). Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

DPHS Chargers ESP.

Okay, no - your blog linked to mine, and I found you here.