Monday, July 5, 2010

40,000 and Counting

I reached 40,000 words on my WIP today and it feels GREAT!

I woke up with a conversation in my head and just had to come down and write.  I love when that happens.  I love it even more when it happens and I can take action.  Since today was a holiday for me, I was able to take action.

I got the scene written (first draft quality, of course - I can fill in the details later) and now I need to think about the next one.  If I wake up with a conversation tomorrow, I'm in trouble.  Gotta be back at work in the morning (groan).

I was awared a blog award today (that sounds funny when I say it out loud).  I'm not really sure how to go about doing everything I need to do, so it will take me a while to get that blog ready.  I still struggle with links! 

Until then - ta ta!

4 comments:

Tonya Kappes said...

YEA Stacy!!! I'm so proud of you !!!! That's great!!! I love when my characters chat it up in my head and I only have to let my fingers do the walking.

Tonya Kappes said...

Yea!! That's great news! I love when my characters do that and I havae have to do is sit and let my fingers do the walking!

DL Hammons said...

Cha-Ching!!!! :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thank you! Thank you!

Now I need to step away from the blog and write some more.