Thursday, October 28, 2010

How's Your Memory?

For all you writers out there – do you remember everything you’ve written?

As I was going over THE UNCOMMON ONE for the umpteenth time, I came across sections and thought “When did I write that? This is great!”

Or I would think I needed to change a scene to find out I had already done it (and amaze myself at how well I changed it).

Should I worry?

Granted, my memory hasn’t always been the best. The 80’s are a complete blur, but I attribute that to being a mother of two youngin’s (born in 1982 & 1985), working full-time, and going to college. I’m surprised I even remember what my degree was in (photography – yeah, really).

And when I read a book, I don’t always remember all the details (I know, no one does). I just thought it would be different with a book I’ve written. It kind of scares me that I don’t remember everything.

So I’ll ask again – Should I worry?

No comments: