Thursday, January 6, 2011

That CRAZY English Language

The following is from an e-mail I received from suddenvalues.com. Not sure who wrote it, but thought I should at least give credit to WHERE I found it. I thought it was funny - and being a writer - so true!!

That CRAZY English Language
(No wonder it’s hard to learn)

The bandage was wound around the wound.
The farm was used to produce produce.
We must polish the Polish furniture.
He could lead if he could get the lead out!
When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
I did not object to the object.
They were too close to the door to close it.
The buck does funny things when does are around.
When I saw the tear in the painting, I shed a tear.
I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
The soldier had to desert his dessert in the desert.

I'm sure if I put my mind to it, I could come up with more, but why bother when this list was available? Hope it brings a smile to your face (like it did mine)!

4 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

No wonder English is such a hard language. I'd never thought of it like that. Wow.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica Ann Hill said...

Great list! That's so funny - and absolutely true.

DL Hammons said...

Are you sure you didn't pull this from a sample of my work?? :)