Thursday, April 14, 2011

What I Read Last Week

Last year at the Romantic Times Convention, my name was drawn to be a character killed in the next book by one of the authors on the panel I attended (Whew! Try saying that three times fast). My name was drawn (yea!) and I picked Brett Battles (who is becoming one of my favorite authors).

Lucky me, he had a book that was close to being finished and was able to select one of the characters and use my name instead. And I finished reading that book last week (pretty much devoured it).

THE SILENCED is the fourth book in the Jonathan Quinn series. I think it's the best of the bunch, too (and I'm not just saying that because my name is in the book several times – starting on page 23!!!). I highly recommend them all, especially if you love suspense.

So, if you want to see my name IN a book (I'm still working on getting my name ON a book), go out and get THE SILENCED. But if you want to read a great series, start with THE CLEANER, then THE DECEIVED, then SHADOW OF BETRAYAL before reading THE SILENCED. I promise, you won't be disappointed.


3 comments:

Erin Kane Spock said...

That is really cool! I'll bet it's also just a little bit creepy for you to read it.

Stacy McKitrick said...

I don't know if it was creepy. But I did laugh a lot. Not because it was funny (although there are funny parts), but every time I saw my name. Since the character isn't the same age as me (she's older), I could say - "Hey, she has the same name as me!" Maybe that's what made it less creepy!

Kristi said...

How cool!!! And your great grandmother was an original witch of Salem? How awesome was that? I think that may be one of our next trips...the history there has GOT to be rich and interesting, as well as just sad. Thanks for stopping by..hope your week is off to an awesome start!