Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Anticipation

I received my CD of "Breaking Dawn, Part I" in yesterday's mail. I should have received it last week, but apparently the release date of November 8th was postponed to November 11th. Anyways, I finally have the CD and plan on listening to it on my drive into work this morning.

I can't wait!!!

Ever since I found out "Twilight" was being made into a movie, I've been an obsessed fan. My obsession isn't quite as fanatic as it used to be – and not near as bad as my daughter's – but only because I've since discovered writing. Now my time is spent on my own novels, leaving little room for obsessions.

Still, I anticipate the release of "Breaking Dawn Part I" and I'm peeved I have to wait a whole year to see Part II. Of course, if they do it right, I'll forgive them the wait. I'd rather have the movie be good than shortened.

So, come this Thursday night, I'll be sitting out in the cold (I believe the high is forecasted to be in the 40s meaning it will be colder once the sun sets), with my daughter, waiting for the midnight showing. We've done it with all the other Twilight movies, why stop now?

If I remember, I'll take my camera with me. I just hope I remember to take my blankets!

And in case you don't follow DL Hammons blog, Cruising Altitude, Round 2 of the WRiTE CLUB is now in session. Go on over and vote. Or better yet, play along.

4 comments:

DL Hammons said...

My wife and daughter are obsessed fans as well. I just shake my head.

Thanks for the mention! :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ahhh, but have you watched any of the movies? At least my husband & son can say they saw the first one. They just wanted to know what all the hoopla was about, I guess!

Thanks for stopping by!

Todd R Moody said...

We really got into it here with the books. We even went to Minneapolis to see Stephanie. We will be going to the movie this weekend sometime! =)

Stacy McKitrick said...

I hope you have a good time, Todd. I expect I will. I highly doubt they'll screw up the movie. Even the first one could have been done better, but it stuck with the story. That's all that matters!

I just hope they kept in the blonde jokes (and her response to them). I really loved that part of the book!