Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Best Laid Plans...

You know, you can plan and plan and still be stupid.

Yesterday I came to work early and shortened my lunch hour by 30 minutes so I could leave by 4:00 and meet my daughter at the theatre to watch Underworld: Awakening. I did all that; thought about it for most of the day, too. Even texted my daughter for dinner plans afterward. I was ready.

Except for one teensy little thing. I failed to put an alarm on my calendar.

So what happened? I got busy and lost track of time. When I looked at the clock at 4:40pm, I nearly died. The movie started at 5:00 and I had a 30 minute drive ahead of me.

Holy crap!

I called my daughter – told her to buy her ticket and meet me in the theatre.

Then I drove as fast as the car in front of me allowed. How fast was that? Hmmm…I think I better not say.

Thank goodness for previews. I got to the theatre in time to watch the last one before the movie started!

Now…was the movie worth all that?

Maybe not, but it was $6.00 Tuesday (so it beat paying full price anyway). My daughter loved the movie, though, and we pretty much had the theatre to ourselves (I think there was one other couple in there – I'm not sure, it was dark when I arrived!).

Hopefully, next time I remember the stupid alarm!!

No comments: