Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy Hodgepodge

My husband says I’m happier. I must be. I haven’t threatened to quit my job since I started the new one. Well, maybe since a couple of days AFTER I started (those first few days nearly made my head explode and I seriously wondered what I had gotten myself into).

Accounting is definitely more comfortable than sales ever would be. Makes me a little nervous when it comes times to sell my own books (and there will be a time, of that I’m confident). I guess I’ll just have to cross that bridge when I get there. At least I won’t have to face it alone. I have my husband, who is more than willing to help!

Tonight will be a late night for me. My daughter and I will be attending the midnight showing of “The Hunger Games”. Some people might think I’m crazy, that I’m a little too old to be pulling stuff like this. Well, maybe I am. But I love doing things with my daughter. Even if it means I won’t be getting much sleep. Sharing these experiences with her means more to me than that, anyway.

I just hope the movie is as good as the book. Maybe I should wear my shirt that states THE BOOK WAS BETTER, but then I may jinx it, so maybe not. And yes, I do have a shirt that states that. So does my daughter. I wore it to work (the old work – and it was Halloween) and not many people got it. They wanted to know WHAT book.

Ahhh, but when I wore that shirt to the FF&P conference, and there was an English Honors group at the hotel, too, THEY had no problem understanding it. One fella actually complimented me on it! It is one of my favorite T-shirts.

On my next post, I’ll let you know how I liked the movie. No review – I don’t do those. I’m always afraid I’ll give away too much. Heck, I feel the same way when I’m writing a scene and foreshadowing a future scene (have I told too much or have I just confused the reader? – that kind of thing).

It’s another warm day in the Dayton area, with rain in the forecast. I hope it holds off until I’m inside the theatre. At least I won’t be standing outside freezing (like we did for most of the Twilight midnight showings since 3 of the 4 were in November). It’s gonna be a fun night, tonight!


2 comments:

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I'm betting it will rain before 5:30 this afternoon, because I washed my car yesterday. Have fun at the movie!

Maria Zannini said...

I'm so glad your new job is turning out well. It makes all the difference in the world to our attitude.

Enjoy the movie with your daughter!