Monday, June 4, 2012

Pictures of Pittsburgh!

Hey! Lookie here! I finally got around to posting my pictures from our trip to Pittsburgh (and if you click on the pictures, the should enlarge).

But don't get your hopes up toooooo high. I don't have all that many (bad me).

Just to prove I was on a Segway, we had the tour guy take this picture. Starting from the right, that's my husband, then me, then our good friends Bill and Barb. That fifth person? Have no idea. She thought the guy was taking a group picture!

And the thing was, the guide knew she wasn't with us, so why he included her was beyond me. But hey, it makes for a good laugh.

I took this photo to show how close to the field we were at PNC Park. Nine rows from 1st base. Not too shabby, huh? Our friends are Cubs fans and were happy to be able to see them play at a park they've never been to. We got to see a good game, too. Tied right up to the last out in the 9th inning. Too bad our friends didn't get to see their Cubs win, though (I had no preference - I'm not a Cubs nor Pirates fan). Tough loss.

This was as close as we got to Heinz Field on this trip. In July we'll be a lot closer. The hubby and I will return for the tour. One thing I did pay attention to - my vampires could definitely climb over the fence and get onto the field (a scene I have in MY SUNNY VAMPIRE). That was good to know!

This photo was taken after we rode the incline up the hill, during our walk to the other incline to ride back down. You get a really great view of the city. That funky spiked building is the Pittsburgh Plate and Glass (or PPG) building. It was featured in Inspector Gadget and also the new Batman film, due out this summer. It's mostly glass and really impressive up close (and if I was smart, I would have taken a picture when we stood near it).

That's all I have. Well, that's all I'll post. I don't need to bore you (sort of like my geology teacher did when he showed the class his slides of his trip to Germany - major yawn!).

And in updated news...I pitched (to a small press) at the Lori Foster Get Together and they requested the whole book! Major excitement there. I'm stoked. As soon as I finish edting GHOSTLY LIAISON (so I can get that out to my critique partners), I'll take another look at MY SUNNY VAMPIRE. I want to make sure it's the best it can be. I'm not blowing this chance!

Hope your weekend was just as good as mine was!

7 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Nice Pix!!

Worth a thousand words each /OP

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks Mac!

LD Masterson said...

Thanks for sharing.

Maria Zannini said...

That is so weird that fifth person would get in on your picture. I think I would've chased her away. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Linda, You're welcome!

Maria, I didn't realize what was happening until after the picture was taken. Barb didn't know how to tell the woman to scram (she's just too nice, that's what).

The Happy Whisk said...

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.

Thanks for sharing these.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Whisk. And, you're welcome!