Monday, March 18, 2013

March Madness!


Basketball? Sure, I suppose. But what about the weather? It's crazy.

I think that groundhog lied! Temps will still be in the 30s this week with snow on Tuesday. Where's spring? It was supposed to be right around the corner! Instead all we get is more of the same. Cold, cold, and more cold.

Is anyone here just as sick of it as I am?

Sunday was a day off for me (writing-wise, that is). Watched the Penguins beat the Bruins (yay!), watched Ohio State beat Wisconsin (yay!), and watched Kevin Streelman win his first PGA tournament (okay, I don’t know who he is, but it was fun). I didn't even read. I know, shocker!

Apparently, the two short stories I submitted for my RWA chapter’s anthology have been accepted (well, I wasn’t told they were rejected), but unfortunately, not enough submissions were received by the March 15th deadline, so the deadline has been extended. That’s better than being cancelled! Just wondering if I should attempt to write another. My husband thinks I should. But Alien Desires (Book #5) is begging to be finished (at least ready for someone to critique it), so I will concentrate on that instead. Unless, of course, I wake up with an idea that can be written in a day (not impossible, it’s happened before), then I’ll reconsider. And why do I have time to do all that? That’s because I got my content edits in well before my April 7th deadline. Getting that finished sure lifted a load off my shoulders!

I hope the weather is warmer in your part of the world, just as I wish it were warmer here! This winter has gone on long enough, don’t you think?

 

 

10 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Sorry to hear about your weather. I think winter is over in our part of the country. 70s and 80s all week. It's supposed to drop down to 60 next Saturday, but I don't think that'll harm any of the plants I've already put out.

Hang in there, Stacy. Winter can't last forever. ...I hope.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - We did luck out and the snow forecasted for Sunday did not materialize. However, it has been raining and now there's ice on the back deck. Don't know if it's frozen or if we got hail! I was going to go to the store today, now I'm not so sure.

LD Masterson said...

Tell me about it. Went to my grandson's lacrosse game at WSU yesterday. Metal bleachers. Froze my buns off.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Linda - Seems to me you need to purchase some padded seat cushions! :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

March in Ohio = never a dull moment! Definitely enough rain for me! But better that than snow!

Missed Periods said...

Good thing you got your edits in before April 7; now you can watch the Mad Men season premiere. (Sorry ... I'm obsessed.)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Yep, glad to see the snow has missed us, but this cold weather can leave any day now!

Jenny - Sorry to say, I've never watched the series, but I know what obsession is like! :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, we had hail yesterday. Crazy!

Good job beating the deadline! That's got to be satisfying.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Laura - It is! So far I'm having a pretty good experience. Hope it stays that way!

The Happy Whisk said...

I'm excited to see flowers and green, but overall, didn't feel like it was much of a winter. The last few actually, for being in a snowbelt, have been lighter.

So I can't complain because I think we used the snow blower maybe once, this year.

But spring flowers will be nice to see again. And green. And mud and puppies covered in both grass and mud.