Friday, May 17, 2013

Ah-choo!

Being sick sucks.

Stuffy nose. Nagging cough. Sneezing. Watery eyes. It’s enough to drive someone crazy (especially when the cough starts to burrrrnnnn).

I took some daytime medicine, but you know what? That label lies. Non-drowsy my a$$! I fell asleep on the couch. How is that non-drowsy?

Oh, you think I fell asleep because I’m sick? Well…I guess that makes sense.

Went to the Dragons game last night. Thought the fresh air would help (it did in a way). Plus, it was the first game where there was NO threat of rain and it was warm. I couldn’t pass it up. Good thing I went, too.

Why is that? Because I won a Dayton Dragons jersey!! For 12 years I’ve been putting my name in for the drawing (they give a shirt away every game, for free - and it’s autographed). Our friend had won one a few years back. We know people who have won more than one. Well, last night I got to hear MY name called! Yee haw! I got me a shirt.

And would you believe someone had the gall to ask if I wanted to sell it. Heck no! I plan on wearing that sucker. It’s MINE!!!

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I got #38, Dan Jensen’s jersey. He pitched for the Dragons in 2012. When I get around to it, I’ll take a picture.

So, have you come down with the crud lately? It sucks, doesn’t it?

 

Stacy

 

12 comments:

LD Masterson said...

Congrats on winning the jersey. Hope you feel better soon.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Linda. I hope I feel better soon, too. I get these moments when I think I'm getting better, then WHAM! I'm not. :(

CJ Burright said...

Aww, hope you feel better Stacy. You're right - "non drowsy" is closer to wandering in zombie land. Might as well just go to sleep. And that's so cool you won an autographed shirt!

Stacy McKitrick said...

CJ - That's exactly how I felt, like a zombie! I should just take the stuff that knocks me out! Thanks for visiting!!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Gratz on the shirt! I almost caught a t-shirt from the giant slingshot once. Hope you feel better soon!

Maria Zannini said...

No pushing yourself. Stay in bed, sleep, and drink lots of water.

Take care, hon.

The Happy Whisk said...

Great on the jersey. Not so great on the oozing liquids and burning cough.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - We've gotten those t-shirts before - years ago, though. Now there are so many kids around us when they're thrown, I'd feel like a heel if I grabbed one!

Maria - I'm not expending that much energy by sitting on the couch, am I? :)

Ivy - Oozing seems to have lessened a bit (yay!).

The Happy Whisk said...

Good to hear.

Kristi said...

Congrats on the win...sounds FUN! Hope you get to feeling better...all kinds of stuff seems to be going around lately!

Michael Seese said...

Don't hate me, but I haven't had to take a sick day for me in...perhaps four years. I have taken some for my kids...

BTW, at night, I love Tylenol PM.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Kristi - I think this cold is finally fading. Not using near as many tissues!

Michael - Okay, I won't hate you (too much, anyway!). :)