Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday Reads

I almost thought I might not have a book to list. The convention took up part of my reading time, and I’ve been busy cutting words on BITE ME, I’M YOURS, that I’ve not been reading as much. So far I’ve cut over 2500 words. Only have another 14,000 to go! I’m starting to doubt my success in this project. Well, if I can get even half of that accomplished, I’ll be happy.

Anyway, on to what I read in the past week (and just finished last night):

Jun 11: “Fool Moon” by Jim Butcher. This is the second book in the Harry Dresden series, an urban fantasy. I got this paperback book from the library. Blurb on back: Business has been slow. Okay, business has been dead. And not even of the undead variety. You would think Chicago would have a little more action for the only professional wizard in the phone book. But lately, Harry Dresden hasn’t been able to dredge up any kind of work--magical or mundane. But just when it looks like he can’t afford his next meal, a murder comes along that requires his particular brand of supernatural expertise. A brutally mutilated corpse. Strange-looking paw prints. A full moon. Take three guesses--and the first two don’t count… Okay, I’ll admit it. This series has piqued my interest. Lots of action and suspense. A little mystery (or would that be a lot??). Even a love interest of sorts. I’ll go order the next one in the series (and by order, I mean from the library). I gave it 4 stars on Goodreads.

Okay, this isn’t reading related, but has anybody else been inundated with little moths? There sure seem to be a LOT of them around this year and they are driving me nuts!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

6 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Sounds good. I'll check it out. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennifer - If you like paranormal, you should enjoy this.

LD Masterson said...

I'm not in to the supernatural myself but my son loves Jim Butcher.

The Happy Whisk said...

I have not seen the little moths. But one time I got tea bags from the store and there was something in one of them. Not long after, my house was loaded with these little moths.

Hope those aren't the ones you have.

Stacy McKitrick said...

LD - But don't you read Heather Webber's Lucy Valentine series? She's got some supernatural stuff in that. Granted, not as much as Harry Dresden...

Ivy - Glad I don't buy tea!!! I think these moths are coming from the garage. Hard to tell, they're everywhere!

The Happy Whisk said...

I am sending you a googled email picture of the ones that invested our kitchen.