Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday Reads - Getting Close to my Goal

At the beginning of the year I set a goal to read 90 books. Today is number 88. Only two more to go!! And let me tell you, I WILL reach this goal, even if I have to stay up late into the night to get it done (I know, what a sacrifice, huh?). Anyway, here’s what I read since last Wednesday:

Dec 10: “Provoked” by Rebecca Zanetti. This is the fifth book in the Dark Protectors series, a paranormal romance. Blurb on back: A casualty of the war between the demons and the vampires, Jase Kayrs has been missing for six long years. His older brothers want answers--but they’re going to have to get them from an unlikely source. For when Kane Kayrs tracks down Amber Freebird, what he finds is a blonde, vegan pacifist who has no intention of using her skills in his war… Amber enjoys her life of chaotic freedom and has no intention of falling in line just because a sexy-as-sin vampire insists on order. Unfortunately, he discovers she may be the only hope they have of finding his brother, and there’s no way he’s going to let her go--even if it means mating her to gain her cooperation. The two are as different as can be, yet when the dominant Kane and the untamed Amber finally unite to rescue Jase, they just may find that opposites really do attract… Kane is the first vampire brother I’ve liked from the start. But then I was introduced to him five books ago, so that may have something to do with it. I really liked this book and look forward to seeing how the series ends, because I’m sure there will be one, just not in the next book - there’s still another brother and I don’t believe his book will be the last. I gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads.

Yesterday my actual book count was off from my Goodreads account because one book wasn’t showing up. I checked for it again and there it was. Well, surprise, surprise! So I added it to my reading list.Now it won’t look like I didn’t make my goal if Goodreads only showed 89, but I had actually read 90! That’s if I only read two more books this month. I might read more. Guess it depends on my writing (which is going well, by the way).

So, how many books have you read this year?

Happy reading!

Stacy

 

6 comments:

JeffO said...

Nice going! I haven't tried to figure out how many books I've read, but I'm sure it's not nearly as many.

Jen B said...

Congrats on almost hitting 90! You will get there or farther I'm sure. I set a goal of 25 and met it. So I set a stretch goal of 30. I'm currently reading book 29, so I think I will get there. I didn't know how many books I would be able to read in a year when I set the goal, so I was really surprised and delighted that I met my target. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I'm a sucker for keeping lists and such. Probably why I love Goodreads. I bet if you kept track, you'd be surprised with your total.

Jen - Congrats on reaching your goal and surpassing it! When I set a goal the first time, I had no idea how much I read, so didn't know what number to choose. It was a nice surprise to learn I read more than I thought!

The Happy Whisk said...

Wow, great job. Almost there. Not too shabby.

Michael Seese said...

I've said before, and I'll say again. That's truly amazing. You are so dedicated to the craft of reading.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Yep. Not too shabby at all!

Michael - I believe if I want to write well, I need to read well. So I do! Plus, I just LOVE to read! Haha! :)