Friday, February 28, 2014

Binge-Watching

I binged-watched all 5 Twilight movies yesterday. This was my reward for finishing the first draft of Blind Temptation and the first day I was able to do it! Have to say, it was kind of cool watching them back-to-back like that. Now I’d like to re-read the books, but I probably won’t. I mean, I’ve already read them 4 times. Time is limited now (since I write) and I have more books to read that I’ll probably never get to!

I do like binge-watching, though. Sometimes we get a show so backed up on the DVR that we just wait until the end of the season and then watch them all at once. No cliff-hangers for us (well, except for the season finale--which I hate when they do that).

Then there are the TV series we own. We’ve put in a DVD of The Big Bang Theory and just hit play. The episodes play until it reaches the last one on the disk. Kind of neat. One of these days I’ll have to do that with The Cosby Show (I have the whole series). Ah, but that’ll have to be for another reward, I suppose!

So, what would you like to binge-watch?

Happy Friday! Hope your weekend weather isn’t going to be a mess like ours will be. I'm beginning to think winter will NEVER end!

Stacy

 

17 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

Sounds like a fun way to reward yourself. Yay for finishing the first draft! You go girl.

I watched a marathon of Rehab Addict yesterday. Does that count? ;o)

Stacy McKitrick said...

B.E. - Yes, it was a fun reward! I might do it with the Underworld series next (I like those movies, too). Did you WANT to watch a marathon of Rehab Addict or did you get sucked into watching it? What the heck is that anyway?

The Happy Whisk said...

Didn't you hear? They've moved the spring equinox and winter will carry on until MAY!

She says as she ducks ...

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Okay, you cracked me up with that! Sounds like something my son would say (or dream about!).

Maria Zannini said...

We binge-watch too. That's how we did Torchwood, Dr. Who, and Downton Abbey.

Hmm...all Brit shows.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Rehab Addict is a reality show where this one gal takes old houses that are slated to be demolished and rehabs them to bring them back to their former beauty. She does amazing work. I started watching one yesterday because nothing else was on and just kinda got sucked in. I don't know how many hours went by. LOL

The Happy Whisk said...

Did you notice I ducked right after I wrote that? Just in case you flung something my way.

This is fun. Blogging and commenting is really fun.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I pretty much did that with Torchwood, too. Didn't take long for me to go through the series, that's for sure!

B.E. - Yeah, that sounds like something I would have gotten sucked into, too!

Ivy - Your "ducking" is what cracked me up! And oh yeah, if you were in the same room as me, I would have flung something at you!

The Happy Whisk said...

Hahahahahaha.

Perhaps I can change your mind with my new Toffee Crunch Cookie, that I'm about to toss together.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - If we were neighbors, I'd be over every day, just to see what you're whipping up. And then I'd sneak one of those cookies!! :)

LD Masterson said...

Downton Abbey is a good one to binge watch. And Castle - just cuz I love Castle.

The Happy Whisk said...

I removed that code because it seems to be running some computer slow and some not. So off it went. Thanks for mentioning it.

The cookies are resting, we're going to try them after supper. You are welcome to join us, anytime.

Stacy McKitrick said...

LD - Downton Abbey does NOT appeal to me. But Castle? Oh yeah. I just gave my husband the first 5 seasons of DVDs for his birthday!

Ivy - Too bad they can't travel through cyberspace!

JeffO said...

Can't think of anything I'd really want to binge watch right now....Last big binge watching for me was...hmm--Oh, Sons of Anarchy! Not an easy show to binge watch.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I suppose there are series that are best not binge-watching. I don't own any of those, though! :)

Sandra Cox said...

I loved the Twilight Series. Reread it several times. With the exception of the first, I didn't enjoy the movies that much.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Sandra - I love watching the movies because it reminds me of the books. Yeah, they're not perfect, but what movie is?