Friday, February 14, 2014

To Rant or Not to Rant

I wanted to rant about e-readers, but I think I’ve done that before. Then I wanted to rant about authors who only sell their books in one format, but I think I’ve done that before, too. Then I wanted to rant about trying to read a damn pdf on my e-reader, but that would be a short rant:

I may never read another pdf on my e-reader! Reading should be fun and those things aren’t.

See? Short.

So then I decided that maybe I shouldn’t rant at all. But if I don’t rant, I won’t have anything to write about. What to do? What to do?

How about I rant about Valentine’s Day? Do you celebrate? I don’t. Never have. When I was single the “holiday” only depressed me. Once I was married, it became unnecessary. I know my husband loves me and he knows I love him. We don’t wait for a holiday to tell each other, either. So what’s the whole purpose of the “holiday”? I truly believe it’s to sell candy, flowers, and cards. There’s no other purpose to this day! Really, people. Do you need a fake holiday to tell your sweetie you love them? Do you need a fake holiday to make you feel lonelier? I don’t think so.

Hmmm…maybe I have the start of another book here.

So, what do you want to rant about?

Stacy

 

12 comments:

JeffO said...

Well ranted, Stacy. And I agree with you every step of the way. Enjoy your weekend!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Jeff!

The Happy Whisk said...

Does anyone really need ANY holiday to gobble turkey and be thankful, open holiday gifts, eat Halloween candy or share romantic smoochie smoohes? Not really. But life is short and we only get so many of these in one lifetime.

So this year, we're having fun with Valentine's Day. Tim took off four days and last night I finished the second part of his Valentine's Day Gift. I took everything out of the office that didn't need to be here, and made him a proper work space.

That, and I turned his blog into Valentine's Day Manor.

Cheers & Smoochie Smoochie.

Bonnie said...

Stacy,
You crack me up. I agree with everything you almost ranted on :)
Same with Valentine's day. I know my boyfriend loves me. I feel bad when he spends money on flowers and they die 2 days afterward.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - You took the sails out of my rant!! Argh!! That's okay, though. I still love you! :) And I loved what you did with Tim's blog!

Bonnie - Yeah, flowers are pretty and they smell great, but I hate seeing them die, too. Give me a plant instead. Of course, I tend to kill those! Haha! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Stacy: I am so sorry. I thought you were asking us what we thought. My bad.

Okay. Here's how's this? Valentine's Day sucks monkey AND dragon balls.

Wet ones.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - You kill me! Haha! You did nothing wrong (so please don't feel bad!!!). I was joshing with you, which just goes to show, that ain't so easy to do on a blog!

You go right ahead and give it to me. My rants are just that. Mine. Doesn't mean you have to AGREE with me. Just be prepared to see me WHINE when you don't! Haha! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

lololol.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for looking at Tim's blog. Boy, that was fun to do. And then I got to hear him read the banner and boy, I could not stop laughing.

Cheers and smoochie smoochie.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

OMG. Valentine's Day=my thoughts exactly! Maybe I could rant about a certain vampire romance that kept me up to late 'cause I had to finish, because it was that good! :D

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Yaaaaayyyy!!!! :)

Michael Seese said...

How about this one... In Cleveland, we have a holiday, a Valentine's Day part deux, called Sweetest Day. It was invented by American Greetings, the Cleveland-based card company. The funny thing is, I didn't realize it was a bogus holiday until I gave my then-girlfriend (a New Jersey native) flowers for Sweetest Day, and she asked, "What's that?"

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - See...I KNEW that was an Ohio holiday! I never heard of Sweetest Day until I moved to Ohio! Of course, I thought Esther Price chocolates started it, guess I was wrong.