Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday Reads

I finally got on track with my Goodreads goal. Here’s what I read during the week:

Mar 7: “The Girl and the Raven” by Pauline Gruber, a paranormal young adult novel. Blurb from Goodreads: Sixteen-year-old Lucy Walker just wants a normal life, until she learns she is half-witch, half-demon. Now she's got other problems, like keeping her demon dad from killing her boyfriend, keeping the witches in her life from killing her demon dad, and keeping her non-supernatural friends safe from both sides. All the while she’s desperately searching for the family raven that carries her magical legacy. She's walking a tightrope between good and evil, drawn to both, uncertain which she will ultimately choose. I’m beginning to think I shouldn’t read any more YA books. I gave this 3 stars on Goodreads.

Mar 9: “Dangerous Affairs” by Nina Pierce, three erotic romance novellas (“Blind Her With Bliss,” “Deceive Her With Desire,” and “Cheat Her With Charm”). Blurb from back: Three sisters looking for love. Three men seeking redemption. Three reckless romances that will push each of them into the dangerous world of revenge. I enjoyed reading these stories back-to-back. It was like reading one regular-sized book, with different little stories of each sister, but a continuous story about the family. If not for the wacked out ending in the last, I’d be giving this book top honors, instead it gets 4 stars on Goodreads. Still, it was such a joy to read something I didn’t have to struggle with. 

Had lots of fun yesterday in the Los Angeles area. Should post pictures on Friday. Today I’m taking a break and doing the laundry. Whoo hoo! Fun times!

What fun stuff are you doing today?

Happy reading!

Stacy

 

9 comments:

JeffO said...

Battening down for what I hope will be the winter's last gasp!

Maria Zannini said...

Laundry has to be done even on vacation. :le sigh:

We worked on the garden yesterday. Today I am treating myself to a good hairdresser.

The Happy Whisk said...

I am doing laundry, bills and coupons. Then somewhere in here, I'll make some dough for homemade burger night.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I hope that last gasp is gone before I return! :)

Maria - Yep, laundry. That's what I get when I don't want to check any bags! At least my parents have a washer & dryer.

Ivy - Bills, that's something I have to do when I return. And taxes. Ugh! Maybe I just won't think about them right now! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Taxes for us this weekend, ugh.

LD Masterson said...

I'm glad you're enjoying Southern California. You're missing some ridiculous weather here.

Stacy McKitrick said...

LD - Yeah, I've heard about the weather. Hope it's all finished with by the time we get home on Sunday.

Michael Seese said...

NOT walking around LA. To me, that city embodies, "A great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - Well, I didn't walk around LA, either. I did drive, which was more like crawl. Traffic was horrendous. Can't believe I used to live in that area!