Monday, July 28, 2014

I’m Not Lazy on Monday Morning, I’m Lazy on Sunday Night

Can’t rightly say LAZY, well, okay, I CAN because I AM, but if I don’t write Monday’s blog early on Sunday, it seems like it just doesn’t get written. And I didn’t write the post early Sunday because, well…

Seems I drank a LITTLE too much on Saturday night. That or I ate the wrong food. Whatever, it hit me around 2 am Sunday morning and wiped me out until noon.

Actually, I went to bed around 9:30 Saturday night because I couldn’t stay awake. I was really drunk and from only two drinks at dinner (I will never mix tequila and Grand Marnier again, if I EVER drink again—it was THAT bad). But when I went to bed, I was only feeling tired, not sick.

Anyway, all that really screwed up my Sunday. I didn’t want to write. I didn’t want to read. I didn’t want to do too much other than sleep. Then when the evening came (and I was able to eat an actual meal), the husband and I watched the first 7 episodes of Season 1 of NCIS. Kind of hard to write a post during that, too.

Anyway, now it’s Monday morning and I’m writing my post late, which I really didn’t have anything to write about until all that other crap happened. Haha! J

On Saturday, I did get upgraded to the iPhone 4. With the new plan with AT&T, we’re actually getting the service cheaper. It wouldn’t have cost me any different if I had used my basic phone or the smart phone, which is what I’d been balking at for the past year anyway—I didn’t want to pay extra for a data plan I didn’t really need. I don’t feel guilty owning a smart phone now and a cheaper phone bill is nice.

I am getting used to using my new phone. I added the Nike running app last night and used it for my walk this morning. Nice to know how far I’m actually walking (today: 3.88 miles in 1:10). Still haven’t posted anything to Facebook with it, or written an e-mail, but I have texted. Have to say, though… It is handy. I like checking my e-mails on it and seeing whether or not I NEED to get on my computer.

So… How was your weekend?

Stacy

 

11 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I had a sick hangover like that once. Put me on the wagon for FIVE years. LOL!

Glad you're feeling better.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I'm glad I'm feeling better, too. I don't EVER want to go through that again, especially if I can prevent it!

Sandra Cox said...

Bummer. I haven't had one of those situations in years, but I remember....it's awful! Glad its in the rear view mirror for you.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry to hear about your weekend. Sounds like you're about back on track now. Happy New Week.

PS: Weekend very good, thanks for asking.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Sandra - Yeah, it had been YEARS since I felt that bad. I think way before I was married! It really shocked me that two drinks could do that. The bartender must have really made them strong!!

Ivy - Yep, back on track. Glad you had a nice weekend. :)

Michael Seese said...

My weekend was better than that. If you haven't heard this pitch before...

Now get a voice recorder app for your phone, so you can "brain-write." IMHO, this works really well for dialog. Then you could go the extra mile and get Dragon voice software to transcribe it.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - "Brain-write" don't work so well with editing, I'm guessing anyway. Glad your weekend was better than mine. Wouldn't take much though. Haha! :)

JeffO said...

Sweet Mother McCree--tequila AND Grand Marnier? Are you mad??? I love Grand Marnier, but won't touch tequila. It's been a long time since I've had a hangover, and I certainly don't miss them. Glad you're feeling better!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I have never had any problem with tequila (love my margaritas and tequila sunrises), but this was the first time I ever drank Grand Marnier. Maybe I'll blame it on that! :)

Sandra Cox said...

Have a good evening, Stacy. Your Bite Me cover is awesome.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Ooohh, I learned many years ago to stay away from tequilla, unless in a margarita! I was out of commission the whole day--and I was in my twenties!

The cell phone companies really don't want to sell basic phones or plans any more, and have made it clear in their pricing. You'll love being able to read blogs and look up stuff anywhere you are!