Monday, July 21, 2014

One Crazy Conversation

While at dinner last night, my husband was entitled to a dessert with his meal. I told him that if he didn’t want his whole dessert, he could get the strawberry cheesecake cookie and we’d split it. He looked at me as if I were nuts.

When it came time to get his dessert, I asked him what he picked.

HUBBY: Whatever you want.

ME: I told you what I want.

HUBBY: Then tell the waitress.

ME: Why can’t you?

HUBBY: Because then there’s no chance I’ll get it wrong. I read “Wives 101.”

ME: What is “Wives 101”?

HUBBY: The book written by hundreds of successful husbands.

ME: Don’t you consider yourself a successful husband?

HUBBY: Sure. I read the book.

And that’s what dinner conversation is like with my hubby (at times). That man sure knows how to crack me up!

Have a great Monday!

Stacy

 

8 comments:

JeffO said...

Sounds like he might have written the book!

B.E. Sanderson said...

LOL, you two sound like an awesome pair. So, did you order the dessert or make him do it?

Maria Zannini said...

Stacy, I think he has your number. LOL.

Anne Gallagher said...

Wives 101. Now that's funny!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I wouldn't be surprised!

B.E. - I ordered it. He was correct. He would have gotten it wrong! :)

Maria - He's got something! :)

Anne - It was. I don't know how he can come up with this stuff. And so fast, too. It would take me days to come up with something! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

How was the dessert?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Hahaha! I'm surprised no one else asked that! Actually, it was pretty bad. Now, usually that cookie is GREAT (one of my favorites), but this one had come out of the oven (still warm) and hadn't been cooked long enough (very dough-y). If it was chocolate chip, I probably wouldn't have cared (who doesn't like chocolate chip cookie dough?), but apparently not all cookie dough is yummy. If by any chance there is a next time (and I certainly hope there isn't), I'll definitely return it for another cookie.

The Happy Whisk said...

It's funny how chocolate chip dough or a cookie a little raw isn't so bad, but like you said, not all are good like that.