Friday, August 1, 2014

On the Road Again

I love traveling. The driving kind, that is. And today I’m headed (along with my hubby) to NJ to attend a family reunion. This is a fun reunion and one I didn’t go to last year because, well, there wasn’t one. That’s because there was a wedding (which, unfortunately, I couldn’t attend), so it’s been awhile since I’ve seen these people.

Now, they probably all think I don’t have fun at these things. But they’d be wrong. Just because I usually plant my butt in one spot and only talk with whoever sits near me, only means I’m not a social butterfly. I have a hard time flittering and fluttering.

But I am getting better. Conventions have helped a lot. Maybe it will be different this time.

Of course, I said that the last time about taking pictures and then didn’t take any. Me bad!!

Anyway, if I don’t comment right away, you’ll at least know why. And no, I don’t plan on commenting from my iPhone. I’m sure I’ll screw something up. Heck, I still don’t have access to my voice mail on that thing. You’d think the sales rep would have TOLD me what the password was before I walked out of the store, but NOOOOO.

I noticed on Goodreads that I’m two books behind schedule. Yikes! Ahhh, but I have these two long drives ahead of me, where I should at least get ONE book finished. Still have to work on Blind Temptation, too. Not sure I’ll do it in the car though. Why is it I get car sick when I try to work on the computer but NOT when I’m reading a book? Is it all mental? Yeah, I know. I’m mental!

I did set a goal for myself, though: to finish my revisions by August 16. That averages out to a little over 5 pages a day. Since I tend to ADD words to my WIP, I have to make sure to average 6-7 a day, and so far I’ve been doing that. Of course, I haven’t tried this on a weekend yet. We’ll see how I do, since I most likely will not be doing ANY revising on Saturday (the day of the reunion). Ah heck, who am I kidding? I’ll be lucky to get any pages revised on Friday and Sunday, too! Might need to bump up that number, huh? Because I WILL finish by August 16. I will, I will, I will!

So… What’s your favorite food at a reunion? I love my potato salad and my deviled eggs, but they don’t travel well so I’m not bringing them. I’m sure I’ll find something yummy to eat, though. There will definitely be plenty of food to choose from!

Have a great weekend!

Stacy

 

5 comments:

JeffO said...

Enjoy your trip and the family! I know what you mean about sitting and talking to people around you. I don't do the butterfly thing all that well, either. Have a great weekend!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Jeff! Right now it looks like rain. Boo hiss! :(

Sandra Cox said...

Enjoy!

LD Masterson said...

Safe travels. Have fun.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Weather turned out better than I thought, but hit LOTS and LOTS of rain on the drive back. Ugh. But we made it back. That's what counts! :)