Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wednesday Reads and a Video!!

I’m still writing more than reading (yay!), which was hard this past week. Here’s what I read:

Oct 18: “Immortal” by J. R. Ward, the sixth and final book in the Fallen Angels series, a paranormal romance. Blurb from book: The Creator invented the game, and the stakes are nothing less than the fate of both the quick and the dead: seven souls, seven crossroads—each an opportunity for salvation or damnation. Coming into this sixth round, reluctant savior Jim Heron has compromised himself, his body, and his soul, and even still, he’s on the verge of losing everything… And that includes Sissy, the innocent he freed from Hell. Jim’s determined to protect her—but this makes her a weakness the demon Devina can exploit. With Sissy once again in danger, and Jim torn between the game and the woman he’s sworn to defend, evil’s ready to play dirty and finally claim Jim for her own. As the war comes into its final chapters, humanity’s savior is prepared to do anything it takes to win—and that includes embarking on a suicide mission into the very darkest shadows of Purgatory. True love is Jim’s only hope for survival—and victory. Bit can a man with no heart and no soul be saved by something he doesn’t believe in? As this series progressed, each book got better. This last one definitely the best. You know, it’s hard to read something slow when all you want to do is read it! Devina, as evil as one can be, cracked me up with her OCD. I never liked a villain more. While this series ended, I get the feeling some of these characters will continue on in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series (yay!). I look forward to that next book. Spring, I believe. I’m ready!

Now for a bonus VIDEO! Saw this and just had to share. That's my high school! And you know what? It really hasn't changed all that much.



The funny thing is, at the beginning of the video, where the band is playing, I'm thinking, "I haven't heard that song in ages. What is it?" Well, DUH! It was our fight song! Yeah, I really AM getting old.

(I also just learned that Katy Perry went to my high school. How did I not know this? Hmmm...)

So... What have you discovered recently that flabbergasted you?

Happy reading!

Stacy


10 comments:

JeffO said...

I saw a video recently of teachers in my old high school doing the Harlem Shuffle, and I didn't know a single one of them. 30+ years, so it's to be expected. Still....

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - But wasn't it neat just to SEE your old high school? I thought so, especially since I haven't really been there since I graduated--back in 1975!

Maria Zannini said...

That's cool!

I'm not sure if my school even exists anymore. It was in Chicago and I heard the property became really valuable in later years.

My husband's grade school became a condominium.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - My kids have only been out of their high school 11 & 14 years, but already lost their school. Old one torn down and new one put up.

LD Masterson said...

Okay, I may be crazy but I'd swear the song the band is playing at the beginning of the video is "Hey, Look Me Over" from the Broadway show Wildcat (which starred Lucille Ball).

Stacy McKitrick said...

Linda - Haha! You're right! But then, when has any high school had ORIGINAL music for their fight song? :)

dolorah said...

My kids go to the rival school I graduated from. Figures, huh?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Donna - Seems to me you shouldn't be living in the rival's school district! Haha! :)

Michael Seese said...

I learned that Vanessa Bayer (currently on Saturday Night Live) went to my high school. But so did George Stephanopoulos. (I was good friends with his younger brother.)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - That's cool. I didn't recall anyone famous who had gone to my school when I was attending (except maybe an NFL player), but then the school was only about 10 years old at the time. I was surprised to find the school listed on Wikipedia and the "notable" people who attended. Wonder when MY name will make the list? Haha! :)