Friday, November 21, 2014

Oh Crap

As I sit here figuring out what to blog about (my mind is empty in that regard, let me tell you!), I realized something horrifying:

I need to write my annual Christmas letter!!!

I can’t even write a post. How the heck am I going to write a whole letter? Especially a letter that doesn’t sound like bragging.

I mean, there’s a fine line between sharing and bragging, right? And apparently it’s really easy to cross (as I’ve learned a few years ago—the accusation still stings, too).

I know form letters aren’t personal. They aren’t really meant to be, now are they—thus the “form” in form letters. But I like to tell people what I’ve been up to, since I get the feeling they don’t follow my blog (don’t see them posting any comments anyway). Hey, maybe I should just send everyone a Christmas story and leave it at that. Think that would go over well?

Hmmm… I might have to give that a try.

So… What have you freaked out about lately?

Stacy

9 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Haven't freaked about anything today. Been in the kitchen since four, having a little party of cooking, cooking, and cooking.

So what? Brag. You're excited yes? I dunno. I think if you're gonna write the darn thing, have fun with it.

Share that good news!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I can see you partying in the kitchen. Oops, I mean, lab. :) Do you play music, too?

The Happy Whisk said...

Hey, kitchen works too. I use both. Just depends on what I'm doing if it's serious food writing and I have my prep clothes on and pencil, it's my lab.

If it's just me cooking for us and not work-related, it's my kitchen.

Xmas music today thanks to Amazon Prime. I love AP. So many great things to listen too. I've been singing and taking drawing breaks.

SO FUN!

I laughed at your meatloaf comment. You're a funny chickie.

The Happy Whisk said...

PS: But if I'm writing food, no boogie music. No dancing. I save that bit for clean up.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I haven't freaked out because I keep Not Thinking about the fact that I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping yet. But I am sooo with you on those Christmas newsletters. I love getting them from friends I don't hear from often, but I hate writing them, even though I like to let my friends know what I've been up to. I think the hate comes from the fact that my husband expects me to write them--and for the purpose of bragging. Ugh. Good luck with yours!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I'm beginning to think you have fun with EVERYTHING. I need to do that. Someday. Maybe. :)

Jennette - I got most of my Christmas shopping done--do you believe that? Yeah, me neither! :)

JeffO said...

I bet a story would be more polarizing than a 'bragging' form letter!

B.E. Sanderson said...

I always figure if someone accuses you of bragging, it says more about them than you. You're just celebrating your accomplishments. If they can't be happy for you, that's their problem. :hugs:

I haven't really freaked about anything lately. Knock on wood, there haven't been any freak-worthy things happening.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - My story is a romance. Wonder how many would find that "polarizing"? But I am leaning that way.

B.E. - Glad you're not freaked out about anything. I tend to freak out more during the holidays, and it's all self-inflicted, too! :) I need to learn to chill.