Friday, September 11, 2015

Dragon*Con Pictures

Hey, look at that! I actually copied the pictures from my camera to my computer. And I had a LOT of pictures on that camera, thanks to my hubby using it while at the parade.

Roughly 70,000 people attended Dragon*Con this year. I think they were all there on Saturday. That was definitely the busiest day (and the day of the parade). Even Thursday was busy, and the Con didn't technically start until Friday.

Anyway, this will be an easy post--PICTURES! Enjoy.

Lots of Jurassic World characters this year!

It's the running of the Margarita-holding Buffets!
Oh, next to a pile of poop. :)

Hocus Pocus!

Captain America

Stephen & Robbie Amell
I loved the rivalry between these cousins!
Okay, I took those shots above. The ones of the parade were taken by my hubby. I tried to pick the most interesting.


Nichelle Nicols

Batmobile

Robin

Batman

I don't know who these are, but hubby thought I would
appreciate them! He was right. :)

Xena on the left, right?

I have NO IDEA who these are, but they look cool.

Addams Family

Lots of gun-toting something-or-others.

No idea, but I love the costume
Okay, now we're back to the shots I took. Can you tell I went to a lot of panels??

John Wesley Shipp, Candice Patton, and Danielle Panabaker
of Flash

Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, and Robby Amell
of Flash

John Barroman, Stephen Amell, and Matt Nable
of Arrow

Katie Cassidy, John Barrowman, Stephen Amell, and
Matt Nable of Arrow

Tom Mison of Sleepy Hollow

Danielle Panabaker, Matt Nable, and Katie Cassidy
I really enjoyed the Flash and Arrow panels. Oh, and Stephen Amell, too. They were all so entertaining and the celebrities seemed to really enjoy being there. I didn't get that from Tom Mison so much (although his co-star was supposed to be there, but she had to cancel). You never know what you're going to get at a panel, though. Some are hilarious (like anything with John Barrowman on it!) and some are duds.

It was so hard to see everything I wanted because to get a good seat (or even a seat), I had to get in line EARLY. Like 90 minutes early. So I can't go to a panel between two I want to see. I'd be lucky to get inside. There's just too many people there (especially on Saturday). I wasn't able to see John Barrowman solo or Terry Ferrell (from Star Trek) because there were other panels I wanted to go to more. Got to pick and choose, that's for sure.

I didn't get my picture taken with any celebrities this year, but now I'm kind of wishing I had one taken with John Barrowman. He'll do just about ANYTHING with you. That man knows how to have FUN!

I'll be going back next year. So will my daughter. Will my hubby? Highly doubtful.

I'll be leaving these pictures up awhile. You see... I leave on a cruise on Sunday (going to New England and Canada). I may post Wednesday Reads (since I might have access to the internet), but otherwise, I won't be back until after the 20th. I'm so looking forward to this cruise. We even got our room upgraded to a balcony. At least I'll have MORE pictures when I return.

So... Think you'd ever go to Dragon*Con?

Stacy



9 comments:

JeffO said...

Xena and her pal actually have better body armor than the fighting dudes in the picture above them!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

safe travels

Maria Zannini said...

Have a great time on your cruise, but as I can see from your Con pictures, you always know how to have a good time.

Stay safe.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I'm glad you said that and not me. Haha! :)

Mac - Thanks. I plan on it!

Maria - I try my best. If I'm not going to have a good time, then why go? Of course, with me, I've got my hubby who pretty much guarantees a good time for me. :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Have fun on your cruise! I can't imagine going to Dragon Con, because I hate crowds. But glad you had a good time!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Hubby hates crowds, too, but he went in knowing they'd be there, so he really didn't whine all that much. Only a little bit. Haha! :)

Tj6james6 said...

The one with Xena is her friend Gabrielle

Stacy McKitrick said...

Robin - Thank you! I've never watched the series (please, don't judge me!!), so I didn't know. I could have asked my daughter (since she owns the series), but she wasn't around at the time. :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Great pictures. Sorry no hubs next year, but cool beans on your daughter going with you.