Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Wednesday Reads and Exercising Pains

You know, when you’re trying to get into shape, it doesn’t help when your body decides to fight back. At least that’s what seems to be happening to me. On Monday I worked out at the gym for nearly two hours. TWO. HOURS. That included a 30 minute warm-up walk. My knee was fine on Monday night. I got up Tuesday to walk. Stupid knee starts acting up before I even reach the end of my street. Instead of walking 4 miles at a 17 min/mile (a brisk pace for me and a goal I’m trying to obtain), I walked 3 miles at a 20 min/mile. And my knee hurt for the rest of the afternoon. How can I expect to get in shape if my knee protests?

Now, this has been happening to me on and off for the past couple of months, so I got my knee checked out. It’s possible I’m getting arthritis. Doesn’t seem fair. I know, I know, nothing in life is fair. Tell me about it! ***grumble, grumble, grumble***

Here’s what I read this week:

Oct 6: “Hard To Come By” by Laura Kaye, #3 in the Hard Ink series, a romantic suspense at 366 pages. Blurb from book: Derek DiMarzio would do anything for the members of his disgraced Special Forces team—sacrifice his body, help a former teammate with a covert operation to restore their honor, and even go behind enemy lines. He just never expected to want the beautiful woman he found there. When a sexy stranger asks questions about her brother, Emilie Garza is torn between loyalty to the sibling she once idolized and fear of the war-changed man he’s become. Derek’s easy smile and quiet strength tempt Emilie to open up, igniting their desire and leading Derek to crave a woman he shouldn’t trust. As the team’s investigation reveals how powerful their enemies are, Derek and Emilie must prove where their loyalties lie before hearts are broken and lives are lost. Because love is too hard to come by to let it slip away… Great story. Even though there are only the two points of view (Derek’s and Emilie’s—duh), it’s still a suspenseful read with lots of action. Along with lots of sexy stuff. Love the sexy stuff.

So…Have you ever had a body part sabotage your plans? Because I swear, it does seem like sabotage to me.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

8 comments:

JeffO said...

I've been dealing with a balky shoulder for some time now. I threaten to replace it with a 3-D printed one, but it hasn't scared it back into line. Hope your knee feels better!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - If only a 3D printer could work! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry to hear about the exercise. But hey, you've got a great hubby. He can bring you stuff from the couch.

PS: I LOVE sorghum. The taste and the smell.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Hubby? Bring me stuff? You're making me laugh! :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

The reason I NEVER set a firm release date on my books (and thankfully, my publisher is flexible): The minute I do, I get deathly ill for weeks, or someone in my family has to have surgery, or is injured, or ill, and needs care. Me setting a date is like an invitation to the universe to come mess with me!

I hope your knee is better soon!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I hear you! :)

Michael Seese said...

"Have you ever had a body part sabotage your plans?"

You mean like two torn rotator cuffs?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - Ouch! What plans did they sabotage, though? Moving? :)