Monday, February 15, 2016

I’m Singing the Taxes Blues and HB to My Dad

Make that Wailing the Taxes Blues. That’s right. I’m going to do my taxes this week. At least, that’s the plan. I’m sure I’ll be in a wonderful mood once I begin.

NOT.

I so hate doing them. I’m hoping it will go easier this year, but I doubt it does. It never does.

So fair warning all. If I seem rather grumpy this week, you’ll know why!

Tomorrow is my father’s birthday. He’ll be 91! This is one of my favorite pictures of us together. It was taken in Aug 2004 (so I was 47 and he was 79) at our family reunion. I’m still boggled over that being 12 years ago. Man. It’s like I blink and a decade has passed!

So… Did you get any snow for Valentine’s Day? It snowed while hubby and I were at dinner. Weather didn’t seem to stop a lot of people from going out, either. I’d bet the schools would close this morning, but then again I’m not sure they were to be opened anyway. Do schools still close on President’s Day? Well, even with all this cold and snow early this week, it’s supposed to be up into the sixties by Saturday. Now THAT’S an Ohio winter! J

Have a great Monday!

Stacy

6 comments:

JeffO said...

Great picture and happy birthday to your dad! Time surely does fly.

We got very little snow, but it was COLD, barely got above zero. Can't wait for tomorrow, when it's supposed to 48!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - It only got down to single digits here. No below zero stuff, thank goodness! Looking forward to the warmer weather this weekend.

Jemi Fraser said...

Love the pic! Happy early birthday to him!
We've got quite a bit of snow but we're not completely snowed under. It's been mostly a mild winter, but this past weekend we were down to -30, so cold!!! Glad it's warming up a bit!

Maria Zannini said...


Happy birthday to your dad!

I wanted to do our taxes yesterday but I had too much of a headache. No point in adding to it.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I have to collect tax stuff for our accountant this week. For five businesses - UGH. On the plus side, at least we have an accountant, and he's good.

Good luck with yours, and Happy BD to your dad!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jemi - 30 below? Yikes! Do you live in Alaska? I remember temps like that when I lived there.

Maria - Yeah, taxes will definitely give you a headache. I started slow this morning. Got my paperwork together. Maybe tomorrow I'll get around to actually entering the data on the software. Haha!

Jennette - No accountant here except me. Teach me to get a degree in accounting, huh?