Monday, May 23, 2016

Waking Up With the Answer!

You all know I’m revising Ghostly Interlude. I’ve BEEN revising for a long time now. What with my doctor visits and a possible surgery for me last summer and then Hubby’s cancer, it’s a wonder I’ve worked on it at all. But I’m determined to get this story done. I only had one problem…

What should book 3 in this series be about?

I mean… I have book 1 and book 2. I can’t have a series without at least a third. I just can’t.

I got lucky with an idea for book 2. Dean was a character in book 1. But I have no one in book 2 that I could use in book 3. It was a real stumper.

Sunday morning I woke up with the answer. And I could have slapped myself silly.

I don’t know about you, but I LOVE it when that happens. Sure, I’ll have to go in and add a character in book 2, but man, I’ll gladly do that to get this story finished. And then hopefully I’ll be in full-blown mode to start book 3 (of which I kind of already have something started—I just had no idea it would ever be useful!).

Now, let’s see if this will motivate me to finish quicker. I could use a little quick by now.

Looks like the Penguins want to win this the hard way. Two losses in a row! Argh!!! Why do I watch this stuff? Oh yeah, I like the game. Still… Ugh.

So… What gives you heart palpitations?

Have a great Monday!

Stacy

9 comments:

JeffO said...

Ah, those moments of clarity, aren't they grand?

I was watching the game last night, but then the Magpie wanted to watch Alien, so I did. Talk about heart palpitations!

Maria Zannini said...

I love when that happens--and then I wonder why I didn't think of it before. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Yep, Alien is definitely a movie that will give you heart palpitations. I saw that one in the theatre with people who had seen it before. I don't recommend watching it that way. Major heart palpitations!

Maria - I know!!! It was staring me in the face the whole time. D'oh!!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Love it when ideas come to me like that! Except my great revelations usually happen while I'm at work, or driving, or some other time when I can't do anything about them. If they're that good though, I remember. Have fun with yours!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I usually get my revelations while in the shower. Paper gets kind of wet then. Haha! :)

Stephanie Faris said...

I was stuck the other day and NOTHING was working. Not showers, walks, any of the usual things. I happened to be listening to a podcast and, what do you know? Inspiration struck!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Stephanie - Yay to getting struck! :)

dolorah said...

Those moments usually hit me when I'm nowhere near a pen and paper, let alone my laptop.

Congrats :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Donna - That's been known to happen to me, too. Or I'm driving and miss my exit! Haha!