Friday, September 23, 2016

A Busy-Free Saturday?

I can’t believe my Saturday is FREEEEE!

No writers meetings.

No football (OSU is on a bye this weekend).

No dinner with friends.

No where to be.

Gosh, it’s just so… unusual.

Told Hubby we should take advantage of the free day and maybe work in the yard. The sidewalk is in dire need of edging (the guy who mows the lawn doesn’t do that) and the tree Hubby started to remove (back before his surgery) needs to be completely gone (right now there’s a stump and part of the tree is growing back). I don’t do trees, so I said I’d do the trimming. We’ll see how well my weight training has gone, huh? **flexes muscles**

We recorded three new shows this week: “Bull,” “The Good Place,” and “Designated Survivor.”

“Bull” is kind of interesting. I like Michael Weatherly, so that helps. Hubby’s not too fond of it, though. We’ll give it a few more episodes.

I don’t know about “The Good Place.” I loved Kristen Bell as Veronica Mars, but this ain’t no “Veronica Mars.” Hubby feels the same as me. Again, we’ll probably only give this a few more episodes.

As for “Designated Survivor,” we’re both impressed! I have a feeling we’ll be watching this one all season.

So… Do you get many free Saturdays? I swear, it seems like I always have something going on. Especially during football season! J

Happy Friday!

Stacy

14 comments:

JeffO said...

I haven't had a free Saturday in about a month! This is supposed to be my "slow season" too!

I'm curious how many episodes you give a show before pulling the plug. Enjoy your weekend and free Saturday!

Maria Zannini said...

Since I've been kicked out of my kitchen for the remodel, I've been doing yard work all week. Today will be animal pens.

We wanted to do a local air show Saturday, but it looks like it's going to rain so I'm not sure what we'll be doing.

The Happy Whisk said...

Very cool. I hope you have a great free day.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I've been known to kill a show after seeing the pilot, but usually I'll give it a few episodes. We've seen 2 of The Good Place and still can't figure it out, so I'm not so sure how many shows we'll suffer through before saying "no more." Although it's better than 2 Broke Girls, and Hubby STILL watches that one (ick).

Maria - Sometimes you tire me out when I just READ about all you do. Whew. I'm soooooo lazy. But I don't like seeing the grass encroaching on the sidewalk. Makes it harder to shovel the snow, too. Gotta look ahead. Ugh.

Ivy - I don't know how great it will be, but I will try to be a little productive. :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I looooooove a free day! Unfortunately, there are too few of them, but I think this Saturday actually is. That means I can clean up the dining room (still full of dust from the kitchen remodel)... unless DH finds something social for us to do. Hopefully he'll just do something himself.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - There ARE too few of them. We must cherish those we get! :)

Silver in AZ said...

New to your blog. :)

I LOVE free Saturdays! :)

Frankly, we turned off Good Place after 35 minutes. I'd laughed only once, hubby hadn't laughed at all. Just not funny to us at all. Won't watch again.

I have Designated Survivor on the DVR. I'm behind. Already. LOL

Stacy McKitrick said...

Welcome, Silver! I'm sure we'll get behind in our watching soon enough. We always do. Busy vacation season! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You;re not going to know what to do with yourself!
We're usually busy doing stuff, so a free Saturday is rare. Although there will be football on at some point.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - No football on Saturday for us. OSU (Buckeyes) is on a buy and USC (Trojans) isn't on the TV here (it rarely is).

Michael Seese said...

Cub Scout campout today. So REALLY no freedom.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - I remember those days... Over 25 years ago! Yikes!

The Happy Whisk said...

Came back to see how your FREE Saturday, went?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - It went great. I even have pictures. Will post on Monday!