Friday, December 30, 2016

I Reached My Goal!

That’s right! I posted 13 times each month, mostly Mon-Wed-Fri. I say mostly because I believe there was one month where I had to skip a day to keep it to 13, but otherwise, the rest were spot on. Yay! So nice to have reached a goal. And no, I don’t intend to continue. Turned out to be more stress than I needed.

I mean, I’m still blogging Mon-Wed-Fri, but if I miss a day, no biggie. And trust me, when I’m at a convention or on vacation, I’ll be missing some days.

Reaching goals does feel good, though. I’m glad I finished the revisions (pre-editor) to Ghostly Interlude in 2016. Of course, I had planned on finishing it back in March. Oops. So I’m a little late. I made it in 2016, though. No way was I stretching that into another year. No. Way.

As for 2017, I have no idea what kind of goals to set. I’ll have to think about it for a bit. No need to rush, right? Although, I do plan on starting Book #8 in 2017, but I still have to figure out a decent storyline (and a title). I need a brainstorming session with someone. I know just the person, but she’s always so busy and it’s been difficult getting together. I will see her at a chapter reunion in January, so maybe I’ll get lucky. **fingers crossed**

I finally managed to watch “Star Trek: Beyond.” Good movie. Hopefully I’ll remember that one. We re-watched the one before and even though I know I saw it in the theatre, I barely remembered any of it. It was like I watched it for the first time. Sometimes I really wonder about my brain.

On Monday we went and saw “Passengers.” It’s not getting very good reviews and I don’t know why. I really enjoyed the movie, but then I’m a sucker for romance. Yep, you can call this one a sci-fi romance. I don’t think I’ll have any problem remembering that one. I want to see it again!

So… Have you set any goals for 2017 yet? Are you celebrating the New Year with friends or family? We’ll be going to Columbus to celebrate with our friends. Dinner before the OSU game. Dessert during half-time. And hopefully celebrating two-fold as the clock strikes midnight! Go Bucks!!

Have a Happy New Year!!

Stacy

5 comments:

JeffO said...

Congrats on reaching your blogging goal AND on finishing the work on GHOSTLY INTERLUDE--I will hope for a speedy and painless editing process for you!

Not a great goal setter, myself, which might explain a lot! No big plans for New Year's Eve/Day--probably watch the Bruins in the afternoon, and then? Who knows. Happy New Year to you!

Oh, by the way, don't feel bad about not remembering Star Trek. Last year, I found a DVD of The Hobbit (Part I) in our cabinet and thought it was a Christmas gift we had been hiding and forgot to give. COMPLETELY forgot that we watched it! Still don't really remember it at all.

Maria Zannini said...

We'll probably wait for Passengers when it goes to dvd.

Most of the bad reviews I read talked about the lead character deliberately taking the girl he's obsessed with out of hibernation. If that's true, it sounds a little creepy and selfish.



Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I just hope my publisher WANTS the book. If the editing process is rough, I won't care by then! Hahaha!

Maria - I didn't think it was creepy and it was a difficult decision for him to make. I ended up sympathizing with him. A "what would I do if I were in his position" kind of thing. Desperation can make us all do things we wouldn't normally do, right?

The Happy Whisk said...

Congrats on your blogging goal. Here's to a wonderful 2017.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Thanks! Happy 2017 to you, too!!