Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Wednesday Reads and That Synopsis is DONE

Happy February (the busiest month for me, birthday-wise). Here’s what I read the past week:

Dates read: January 18-26
Title: “Rogue: Sons of Sangue”
Year of publication: 2016
Author: Patricia A. Rasey
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Sons of Sangue #4
# of Pages: 385
Paper or plastic: Paper
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Book: Vampire MC member Anton “Rogue” Balan, aka Blondy, has turned his back on the powerful Sons of Sangue, betraying the brotherhood he once considered his family. Or so his vampire brethren think. Changing his appearance, his persona, and signing up with rival gang, the Devils, Rogue has gone deep undercover to catch the La Paz Cartel’s kingpin. Having lost a woman he once thought he would spend eternity with, Rogue now feels he has nothing left to lose…that is until a temptation named Kimber James invades his dangerous world.
Strait-laced Kimber has a problem and his name is Anton Balan. After an impulsive night of passion with him more than a year ago, the small-town librarian still has the hots for the sexy biker next door. She can’t deny her desire for Anton, even though she suspects he’s hiding a secret even darker than his affiliation with an outlaw MC. As for Rogue, no matter how much he tries to refuse the scorching need he has for Kimber—as much as his duty depends on it—he’s powerless to deny his rising feelings for her. And when a blindside by an enemy he once trusted puts Kimber’s life at risk, Rogue’s tarnished honor is put to the ultimate test.
My thoughts: This book is in that motorcycle club series I said I do enjoy because… VAMPIRES! If not for them, I dunno. Sometimes the dual names of the MC members can get confusing to me. I keep forgetting who is which nickname! Aside from that, I enjoyed Anton and Kimber’s scenes (Anton is hot!), and Kimber’s scenes with her friends. They are what made the book.

Well, I finally wrote the synopsis to Ghostly Interlude. Whew! I sent it to my daughter to make sure it doesn’t sound dorky, though. But man, when I can get that and my blurb sent to my editor, it’ll be a huge weight off my mind. And if I remember, I’ll post my blurb here on Friday. Because one—I could use some feedback, and two—I need something to blog about. Haha! J

I want to thank you all for the positive vibes sent Hubby’s way. He’s recovering from surgery as well as can be expected. He’s home now, so that’s good. Hopefully we get some good news soon regarding the pathology. I’d like to think it’s over with finally and that he kicked Cancer’s butt. Again.

So… Whatcha reading right now? Favorite genre or trying something new?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you completed the synopsis and that your husband is home. Saying right now - cancer is beat!

JeffO said...

Reading too much news and not much else right now. Blah. Glad your husband is home and hoping for the best news for the two of you!

Maria Zannini said...

So glad he's home. I hope life returns to normal soon.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I sure hope that's true!!

Jeff - News is too depressing. Facebook has gotten too depressing. At least my books aren't! I need to escape more often.

Maria - He is getting back to normal quicker this time around. Then again, he doesn't need a feeding tube to eat, thank God!!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Good job finishing that synopsis! In some ways, they're more difficult to write than the book. :)

I'm glad to hear your hubby is home. Having him back where he belongs has got to make both of you feel better.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Glad hubby is home and on the mend - and hope that continues!

I'm reading a mainstream/literary fiction book right now that's somewhat a romance. Not my usual fare, but there was an aspect of the book that interested me, and it's pretty well-written, so I'll keep reading as long as it entertains me...

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad to read about hubby and go you. You're on fire.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Susan - I HATE writing synopses. Argh!

Jennette - You've got me curious about that book. :)

Ivy - Don't know about being on fire, but at least I accomplished SOMETHING! :)

dolorah said...

That cover is HOT. Thanks for the eye candy :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Donna - You're quite welcome! Haha! :)