Friday, March 10, 2017

A Change in Plans and Forever Thirty-two

Well… Hubby was supposed to start chemo and radiation on Wednesday. However, when the nurse tried to put in the IV, she met with some resistance. And Hubby met with some pain. Not good. Therefore, Hubby needs a port inserted to make life easier for the nurses and him. That’ll occur on Monday (minor surgery) so chemo and radiation have been moved to next Wednesday.

It’s frustrating, because we just want to get this started and over with as soon as possible. Didn’t exactly want to wait another week, but it is what it is.

We did get to see what the place is like, though. A lot of people get crammed into this small room. I had hoped to bring my laptop and work, but with the tiny chair I’m given, I’m thinking I won’t be able to do that. Not comfortably, anyway.

Would you believe Hubby said I didn’t have to go with him? Like anything would keep me from going.

The guy is nuts, I tell you. NUTS!

^^^^

Last year (or maybe the year before) I finally got around to putting my short story, Forever Thirty-two, up on Amazon and making it free. Recently I noticed it’d been for sale for 99 cents (which is the default). I gave Amazon a link to B&N to show it was free there, but that didn’t seem to help. Not wanting to go through another e-mail discussion where they tell me I’m breaking my terms of service, I decided to just take the short story down from Amazon. If anyone wants it, they can get it free on my website (and various other places).

I can see why Amazon wouldn’t want to sell anything for free. I mean, what’s in it for them, right? I guess if a lot of people had been downloading the short story on Amazon, it would have been a harder decision to remove it, but I give away more copies on Smashwords, iBooks, and Nook than I do on Amazon. Then again, it stays FREE on those sites.

^^^^

I finally, FINALLY, received the Schedule K-1 I’ve been waiting for and guess what? I don’t need to report anything. Figures. Guess that means I can finish my taxes now. Oh joy! I can’t complain too much, though. We are getting money back.

So… Doing anything fun this weekend? The weather is supposed to turn back to cold (grrr), but our friends are coming over from Columbus and will cook dinner. Yay! Which means… I’ve got to clean the house! Aaack!

Happy Friday!

Stacy

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you guys have to wait a week. Yeah, us dudes are tough, but he will appreciate you going with him anyway.
Sorry about Amazon. That's why I'm an iTunes guy.
Have a good weekend!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Tough? You mean hard-headed, right? Haha!

Maria Zannini said...

Silly man, thinking he can carry on without you. :)

Sorry you have to wait. Do you know how long he'll have to take radiation treatment?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Radiation will last 6 weeks. They're only doing one side of his neck (the most recent side where they found the cancer), so we're hoping his side affects are minimal. It's going to be rough for him toward the end, that's for sure.

JeffO said...

Hurry up and wait, hu? Nothing like getting yourself all worked up and prepared for something, then have to let down and go through it all again. At least you can have a pleasant weekend, house cleaning and all. We went to pick up the Catbird yesterday for spring break--10 hours +/- of driving, but it's nice to have the whole crew back under one roof! Enjoy your friends!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Spring break sure seems to come early, doesn't it? I remember when it used to be called Easter Vacation and happened either the week before or week after Easter. Now it never seems to be around Easter, or during nicer weather!