Monday, June 26, 2017

Footy, Lovely Weather, and Eyesight

Hello, hello, hello! My trip to Raleigh, NC went well. Except for a bit of rain on Saturday evening (okay, more like monsoon!), the Footy tournament (this was the Eastern Regionals) went well, although a bit on the warm side (temps close to 90 and the humidity a bit high). Luckily we were able to sit in the shade for a good portion of the games.

As for my daughter’s team, they didn’t win, but it was close. The women played 20 minute quarters (normally they play 20 minute halves). I was very impressed with their play. I was even more impressed that 13 Jillaroos made it to the tournament. There had been a time when my daughter was the only Jillaroo. Good thing they can combine to make a team. In this case, the Jillaroos combined with the Baltimore Eagles. They played against the New York Magpies/Boston Lady Demons/Philadelphia Hawks (which was made up of mostly NY).

Want to know what the USAFL is all about. Well here’s a video for you to check out. Some of the shots go by fast, my daughter could be in it and I just don’t see her!


We came home yesterday to 70 degree weather. And dry. But the house was hot and stuffy! Good thing I have the A/C repairman coming by Tuesday. Although the temps are supposed to stay in the 70s for awhile (man, it feels soooooo good outside). I opened the windows to cool the house down. Now, if it can only stay this way, I won’t need the A/C at all!

Can eyesight get…better? I’ve been having issues with my eyeglasses lately. Especially my right eye. I thought something must be wrong with my eye, because I’ve only had this new prescription for less than a year. Then I noticed something even stranger. Seems my eyesight in my right eye is practically perfect without the glasses.

So I took off my glasses and watched TV. I was able to make out all the detail I couldn’t with my glasses on. Hmmm…

My left eye still prefers the glasses, but since my right eye appears to be the dominant one, I see better without my glasses than I do with. It’s bizarre.

So… Do you wear glasses? How often do you have to get your prescription changed? I haven’t really felt comfortable with these glasses since I got them. Now I’m beginning to understand why. Just never figured my eyesight would get better instead of worse.

Happy Monday!

Stacy

 

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I wear contacts. And yes, your vision can shift for the better.
You were very close to my neck of the woods. Welcome to crappy Southern heat and humidity. Sorry your daughter's team didn't win.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I've lived in crappy southern heat and humidity before--Alabama. Although the northern humidity is just as bad. When it gets humid, it's when I miss living in California the most. But today is gorgeous and I'm loving it here. :)

Maria Zannini said...

I'd love 70 degree weather!

Hubby does the same thing as you. His eyesight has improved and now he prefers to do some things without glasses.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - It's so nice to be able to open the windows and leave them open. Good thing, too. Our A/C is on the fritz (and is looking like an expensive fix--of course!).

JeffO said...

I am well overdue for a visit to the eye doctor, and my vision is going bad again. Been wearing glasses since 3rd grade. The sweet spot for me without my glasses is about six inches. Glad you had a good time in NC!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I don't think I can see ANYTHING clearly at 6", with or without my glasses. :)