Friday, June 30, 2017

Going Back to Alaska

When you finally pay off the mortgage, you can think about more elaborate vacations. And when the Hubby survives cancer—twice (we’re thinking positive here even though we don’t have test results yet)—you want to celebrate. We’ve always wanted to go back to Alaska. Now we are. On a cruise!

It won’t happen until next summer, and yes, we’ll be driving to Seattle. There are some states we haven’t visited yet. We both want to say we’ve been to them all and this trip will do it for Hubby (I still have Delaware, but we’ll take care of that on a different trip). So yeah, this will be an extended vacation. Pretty much have it all planned out already. I’m so excited.

Oh, and the states I haven’t been to and will hit on this trip: North Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, and Iowa. Hubby will finally see North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Minnesota.

So… How many states do you need to visit to say you’ve seen them all?

Happy Friday!

Stacy

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Go and enjoy! Think positive - the victory is yours.
Lived in Nebraska when I was young, so that one I've seen. Too early to count but I've less than ten to go.

JeffO said...

"How many states do you need to visit to say you’ve seen them all?"
Most of 'em.
What do you consider to be a successful 'visit'? Drive through? Stayed in? Stopped somewhere in it to see/do something besides use the rest room? That might change the numbers, but not by a lot.
Good on you and your husband for planning this. I had an aunt who did the cruise to Alaska years ago, and she loved it.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I'll have to remember to take pictures on the trip. I didn't when we drove through Kansas and now I wish I had.

Jeff - We consider driving through or flew and stayed for more than a day a successful visit (not an airport stop/layover). Although, I think all my counts are by driving. Hmmm... Might be a worthy blog post. :)

Maria Zannini said...

That's a great reason to celebrate. Alaska is on my bucket list.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Alaska is sooooo pretty. Looking forward to seeing it again. But not in the winter. Nope. Done enough of that to last a lifetime. Hahaha! :)