Friday, September 8, 2017

Due To Technical Difficulties Beyond My Control

We lost our power at 9:30 last night (came back on at midnight, but I was in bed by then). Of course, if I had remembered I was going to post something (the disadvantage of taking a break, I guess--you forget you're blogging!), I would have had something ready long before then. But I like it when I can use excuses other than being lazy or forgetful, you know?

And, technically, there were OTHER reasons, too, but I can't get into them just yet.

So... No Dragon Con pictures today. But it's listed on my TO DO list (now), so there will be pictures on Monday.

I am working on the edits to Ghostly Interlude, and I have gotten the manuscripts ready for Ghostly LiaisonMy Sunny Vampire, and Bite Me, I'm Yours for re-release (so I'm not a TOTAL slacker). As soon as I get the covers to them I'll be back in business.

Because I really hate seeing that those books aren't for sale right now. **heavy sigh**

Wednesday we watched the Dayton Dragons play in the first playoff game of the Midwest League Series in I don't know HOW long (best of 3 in the first round). They lost that game and with the next two on the road, we didn't hold out much hope. But alas! They won last night so now there IS hope. I'd love to see them get into the second round.

Heck, I'd love to see them win the whole thing!

Tonight is football night (high school variety). And of course it won't be warm. Gotta make sure to take blankets! There's also football on Saturday (OSU) and Sunday (Steelers), but I can watch them from the comfort of my home (well, except for the Steelers--we'll have to go to B-dubs for that).

But what's with this weather??? I'm not ready for fall yet. Are you?

Happy Friday!

~~Stacy

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry about the power loss.
The way the Steelers always play, there's no comfort anywhere watching them.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I'm holding out hope that the Steelers will dominate this year. Wouldn't that be great?

JeffO said...

I don't know what time you normally go to bed, but I find it funny how early I go to bed when the power's out at night.

Regarding the weather, at least it's supposed to be sunny (finally) for the next couple of days. We've had rain all week.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I usually get to bed after 11:00. But at 10:00 I was ready to sleep. :)