Monday, September 11, 2017

Pictures from Dragon Con

Ahhh, lookee here. I remembered! Yay!! I'm gonna start with the good stuff--our photos WITH celebrities (the "our" being my daughter and me).

This is a picture of a picture, so quality sucks. But that's us with Nathan Fillion! He's so nice. And always introduces himself ("Hi, I'm Nathan") as if we didn't know! Got to shake his hand, too.


Another picture of a picture. Can you believe how tall Zachary Levi is? 6'3" (I had to look that up). By the way, he liked my shirt!!

My daughter told John Barrowman to do whatever. He needed more info and she couldn't be more specific, so this is what we ended up doing. He's so much fun!


Brett Dalton was my favorite star on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (and I told him, too!). I was heart broken when they made him a bad guy (which he had no prior knowledge would happen). I almost thought about doing the photo op with him, but taking a selfie was cheaper, and way more personal (got to interact with him longer). I may do this more (selfies) next year.


The next few photos were taken of people in cosplay that I really liked (and managed to be close enough to ask for a photo).

If you watched American Horror Story - Freak Show, then you know who this character is. I did watch the series and I thought this woman did a wonderful job in her costume!

My daughter took this photo. I think it's How to Train Your Dragon, but I just thought it was a neat costume.


Any NCIS fans here? People in line thought she was the real thing, but no, she wasn't Pauley Perrette. Pretty darn close, though. I got a "I Saw Abby" button after I snapped her photo.


The next photos are from the panels I attended. And I attended a lot of panels. Unfortunately, I wasn't always that close to take pictures and some of my pictures look more blurry as you enlarge them.

This is Jewel Staite (and the floating head of the moderator). Best shot I got of her, and it's kind of cool looking, too. If you don't know her, she played Kayley on Firefly/Serenity.

My seat, while closer than usual, was behind the microphones (or maybe cameras), so poor Lesley-Ann Brandt is kind of obliterated. That's Tricia Helfer beside her. They both star in Lucifer.

I went to two Nathan Fillion panels. This photo was from the Con Man panel. I never watched Con Man, but now I want to. I'm in luck, SyFy picked up the series. Now I just have to record them. :)

Casper Van Diem was with Nathan during the Con Man panel, running around getting questions. He's such a hoot! I want to watch the series even more, now.

No Dragon Con is complete without going to at least one Buffy panel. This one included Julie Benz (Darla), Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia), and Carla Kramer (Glory).

This is from the John Cusack panel. That's him on the right. With the hat. Which he never took off. Ned Bellamy is on the left. They're apparently very good friends. That guy in the middle was the moderator. Unfortunately, the panel kind of sucked. Not a lot of interaction with the audience. And the answers were dull and straight-forward. No embellishments! Guess they didn't realize we wanted STORIES! Oh well...

One of the best panels: John Barrowman. You just never know what this guy is gonna do. This time he came out in his Wonder Woman costume (told his assistants he wanted bling--they gave him bling. That costume shone!).
He even shook his booty for us! Oh, and in case you want to see that costume up close, just look at the next picture (which I got from his Facebook page).

 Snazzy, huh?


This is the panel for the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I was early in line, got in the front row, but they made me sit along the wall! I was so mad. So it's really hard to tell that that's Mallory Jansen, Brett Dalton, and Elizabeth Henstridge, since they never looked my way.


Managed to get the same position in line for Zachary Levi as I did for the S.H.I.E.L.D. panel and landed way better seats (4th row center). Does this guy have long legs or what?

Mash up panel of Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow: Josh Segarra  (Arrow), Maisie Richardson-Sellers (LOT), John Barrowman (both shows-laughing at something), Kevin Alejandro (Arrow), and Neil McDonough (both shows).


Monday panels tend to have less fans attending (since a lot of people have left). But I still thought the celebrities would appear. This was from the Guests of Flash panel, but Katie Cassidy and John Wesley Shipp were no shows. Matt Letscher told us to remember who managed to make it to the panel. He made the panel fun all by himself, too.


Here's a photo of my lanyard. I got the dragon pins at Hard Rock (we get them every year, as they're dated). Of course, I included my own button, hoping people might ask me about it. Not yet, but maybe some day!

Would you believe that the Dayton Dragons actually won the first round of the Midwest League playoffs! Shocked us, too. Then they won the first game of the semi-finals in Ft .Wayne. Unfortunately, they lost last night at home (why can't we watch a winning game???), so tonight is the deciding game (at home). If they win, they're on to the finals. If they lose, it's bye-bye. Let's go Dragons!!!

Sunday football went well. Steelers squeaked by. Looks like Cleveland might actually have a team this year! And the Rams demolished the Colts (yay!!!!). I'm thinking the Rams might actually have a team this year, too. Haha!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Happy Monday!!

~~Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Steelers were lucky.
Looks like a great time! You splurged for some photo ops. The Firefly panel would've been the top of my list.

JeffO said...

Thanks for sharing, looks like a great time!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I did splurge, and had a blast!

Jeff - Well... I only show pictures of the good parts. I won't go into how long the lines were or how many people were there (83K, but you didn't hear it from me). :)

Jennifer Lee Rossman said...

That looks so fun!
(and Con Man IS hilarious. total send-up of Firefly and nerd culture in general)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennifer - Nathan and Casper showed the trailer of Con Man. Yeah, it looks funny. Can't wait to watch it! Thanks for commenting!!

Maria Zannini said...

You got a lot of great pictures.

And 83K people1 Holy cow. I'm not sure I'd go if I knew there were going to be that many.

Everyone who meets Nathan Fillion always say he's so nice. There are enough prima donnas out there. It's nice to know there are still celebrities that love their fans.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I think most of those people are there on Saturday, a day I make sure I'm going to the lesser popular events. Or stay in my room. I've done that before too. It's just crazy on Saturday.