Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wednesday Reads and Summer TV Shows

I’m two-thirds through Ghostly Interlude before I return it to my editor. Should finish it by tomorrow (because today became a busy day). Here’s what I read the past week:

Book #50

Dates read: September 6-14
Title: “Darkest Before Dawn”
Year of publication: 2015
Author: Maya Banks
Genre: Romantic suspense
Series: The Kelly/KGI Series, #10
# of Pages: 378
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Free from a convention (either RT or Rust City)
Blurb from book: The enigmatic Hancock has been both opponent and ally to the KGI teams for as long as they’ve known him. Always working a deep game, Hancock’s true allegiance has never been apparent, but one thing is for certain—he never lets anything get in the way of duty.
     But now, his absolute belief in the primacy of his ultimate goal is challenged by a captive he’s been ordered to guard, no matter how much she suffers in her prison. She’s the only woman who’s ever managed to penetrate the rigid walls surrounding his icy heart, but will he allow his perplexing feelings for the beautiful victim to destroy a mission he’s spent years working to complete—or will he be forced to sacrifice her for “the greater good”?
My thoughts: It was a good story, although the pacing was a bit slower in parts than I normally like. This is also the first book I’ve read of Ms. Banks, so I wasn’t sure if I’d be confused, having started with book 10 of this series. Nope. Well, not until toward the end, when characters from other books came into play. Then it got a little confusing with all the people! But it’s not necessary to have read those other books to enjoy this one.

Anyone here watch “Midnight, Texas”? How about “Salvation”? I recorded both series and I’m still in the process of watching them. The first one I’m watching alone (one episode a day) and man, am I hooked! Can’t wait to read the book now (I have the first of the series I got free at a convention). The second one I’m watching with Hubby. And man, are we hooked! That is one suspenseful series. Twists and turns abound. Can’t wait to see how it ends. But don’t tell me! Oh wait, you can’t. Last episode airs tomorrow. J

Happy Reading!

Stacy

3 comments:

JeffO said...

Haven't seen either of them, but I'm glad you're enjoying them!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope you finish tomorrow!
Haven't watched either series.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - You might like the Salvation one. If you have CBS on demand, give it a try.

Alex - I hope I finish tomorrow, too. :)