Monday, October 23, 2017

Pictures Taken Over the Weekend

I found a city I could easily live in: Carlsbad, California. Of course, I'd probably have to win the lottery to afford it. I can only GUESS how much it costs to live here.

Daughter's footy games didn't go so well. They lost all four. She still had a good time and the weather was OUTSTANDING! I mean, you couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Well, except for a win. She would have liked one of those.

Today we visit an aquarium before taking Daughter to the airport. Then maybe Hubby and I will go over to the USS Midway Museum. Maybe. We haven't made up our minds yet. Anyway, here are some pictures I took over the weekend:

I'm thinking you can only find this in California.
We discovered this at our hotel.

This is where the USAFL Nationals was played at:
Surf Cup Sports Park in Del Mar, CA.
I can only imagine how much those homes must cost.

My daughter in the pink, #66.
I'll let you guess WHY she has 66.
Or you can ask in the comments and I'll tell you. :)

Beach in Carlsbad, CA

The other view of the beach in Carlsbad. We walked to the
end in this direction.

Some of the homes/apartments/vacation suites
overlooking the beach. I wouldn't mind staying at
one of them, but I'm sure I couldn't afford it.

Reached the end of the beach and took this picture.
As I was uploading it to Instagram, I stupidly turned my
back to the ocean. Yep, a wave got me. Ooops.

Sunset in California!


That's all for today. Tomorrow I head up to my parent's house. I'm not sure if they have wifi or not, so next post might be difficult. We'll see.

Happy Monday!


Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't know how anyone can afford to live in California.
Sorry your daughter's games didn't go well.
As a teen, I would've picked number sixty-nine...

JeffO said...

I'll assume that 66 is for Mario.

Great pictures. I miss the ocean, it's been a couple of years since I've been there, though it figures prominently and frequently in my writing. Had an aunt and uncle who had a microbus back in the 70s, which was useful for hauling their 6 kids around. I'm not sure if it's the hazy glow of nostalgia that makes them miss the VW or if was a really good vehicle or not. Enjoy your continued travels!

Maria Zannini said...

That beach looks awfully relaxing.

Wouldn't you like to have bought property there back in the 60s? Talk about a great return on your investment.

re: 66

I don't know the significance to the number other than if it's upside down it would be 99. Do tell.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry she lost but glad she had a good time. I love the van. Love it.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - 69... You bad boy! :)

Jeff - I can't imagine the VW Bus was EVER a good vehicle! :)

Maria - It was very relaxing. I love the sound of waves. And regarding 66: Jeff is right. Mario Lemieux of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Ivy - She lost, but still had a good time. That's what really matters.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

We honeymooned in Carlsbad! Had a condo right on the beach, a timeshare my maid-of-honor gave me a week of for a present. :)

Bummer your daughter lost her games, but glad you're having a good time!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Does your friend still have that timeshare? It's probably worth a FORTUNE now. Noticed townhomes started at 1.25 million. Yikes!