Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wednesday Reads and Talking Characters

Here’s what I read the past week:

Book #58
Dates read: November 6-14
Title: “Undiscovered”
Year of publication: 2017
Author: Sara Humphreys
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Amoveo Rising #1
# of Pages: 353
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Free at RT17
Blurb from book: Centries ago, Zander Lorens was cursed to walk the earth stripped of his Dragon Clan powers. Every night, trapped in a recurring nightmare, Zander relives his darkest moment. He can hardly believe it when the dream changes and a beautiful young woman appears. Zander believes she’s the key to ending his torment. Finding her in the real world is one thing, but how will he convince her of who—and what—she really is?
    Rena McHale uses her unique sensitivity as a private investigator, touting herself as a “human divining rod” and finder of the lost. By day she struggles with sensory overload, and by night her sleep is haunted by a fiery dragon shifter. Nothing in her life makes sense, until the man from her dreams shows up at her door with a proposition…
My thoughts: Ahhh… Just the kind of book I’ve been craving, and to think it’s been sitting on my bookshelf. I got this book free at RT17. Sara conducted the exercise classes I attended each morning and gave away her books to anyone who wanted them. I’m glad I grabbed this one. I had so much fun reading it.

I finished this book late last night and almost forgot about my blog. Then again, if I hadn’t stayed up to finish it, I wouldn’t have had any books to report! Whew, dodged one there, huh?

I woke up the other morning with a character talking to me. This made me happy until I realized it was Sam, my vampire character, and not my ghost character. Good? Bad? I don’t know. So I’ve got a poll running on my Facebook page asking readers which book they would prefer I write: Bitten by Love #5 or Ghostly Encounters #3. If you have a preference, you can always go over there and vote. It’s pinned to the top of the page, so you’ll see it first. Or you can just say here in the comments. That would work, too.

So… Have you had snow yet? While it’s snowed here, I haven’t seen any yet (not looking forward to it, either). Forecasters are calling for a white Thanksgiving for a lot of the country. I don’t know if I like that so much. We’ll be driving to Columbus. Good thing we have AWD.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You'll see snow long before we do. We usually don't see snow here until late January.

JeffO said...

Radical idea: Write both! Unite the worlds! Crossover! Ghosts and vampires living together!

We had snow last week, enough to cover lawns (mostly) and make early morning driving difficult for some last week. Not quite enough to really look Currier and Ivesy.

Maria Zannini said...

I'd go with the the talking character. Who knows? He might get the other one talking too.

Snow is rare by us, but if we get any it'll be early next year.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Frankly, I wouldn't mind waiting until January. Or not have any snow at all!

Jeff - I could have a ghost living with my vampire and my vampire readers wouldn't care. Not so sure my ghost readers would be happy.

Maria - I'm leaning more and more to the vampire story. I tend to write them faster (at least I used to!), so maybe that would be a good thing.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Write whichever you want to write the most!

I saw the snow a couple weeks ago, and that was enough for me. Knoxville doesn't usually get it until January, and then very little, which is one reason we want to move there!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - After being back in Santa Barbara, I want to move back there! Not possible until I can afford it, though, which I doubt I ever will.