Wednesday, December 27, 2017

No Wednesday Reads But I’m Reading

I did finish a book this week, it just happened to be my own. Haha!

I’m reviewing the digital copy of my box set and want to make sure it doesn’t have any annoying characters (those strange symbols that show up every now and then), which means reading it. Or at least scanning it closely. Can’t help it if I get engrossed in my own book, can I? It’d been awhile since I last read My Sunny Vampire. Man, I still enjoyed that story.

If it weren’t for the fact that I reached my reading goal, I would have so added it as a book read this year. Because I may have scanned SOME of the story, but I read MOST of it. I just couldn’t help myself! And now I’m onto Bite Me, I’m Yours. We’ll see how much I scan and how much I read of that one. Although right now I’ve been reading it (and a good thing—already found one of those pesky strange characters).

I’m not letting it interrupt my writing, though. I am now strongly motivated to reach my daily goal of 500 words a day. Starting yesterday. And I reached it. Whoo hoo! I love scratching things off my “To Do” list.

Would you believe I cooked our Christmas dinner? I shocked myself in getting everything ready at one time. Well, except for the biscuits. My oven can only hold so much food! But the meal was yummy: meatloaf, mac & cheese, and green bean casserole (yeah, not healthy, but who cares). It had been awhile since I’ve had the meatloaf and mac & cheese. Of course, I’m used to making them separately, not together. That was more work than I was prepared for. But kind of worth it. It really was good.

I also cooked on Christmas Eve, but that meal was super easy and turned out awesome! I bought a bag of frozen Italian seasoned meatballs and put them in a crock pot. Added a can of regular spaghetti sauce and a can of 4 cheese spaghetti sauce (I used what I had in the pantry—Hunt's) and cooked it on low for about 6 hours. I then cooked the pasta separately. Man, those meatballs were so good and so was the sauce. Definitely a keeper recipe!

Maybe I’ll cook more in 2018. Easy recipes, that is. After we use up all our bonus coupons from the gift cards we bought this month (and we bought a LOT of gift cards). Free money is free money, especially when you eat at that restaurant all the time.

Made it to the theatre on Monday (got smart and bought the tickets early this time) and saw “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.” I enjoyed it very much. I don’t get what people didn’t like about it, but then I’m not into the fandom that heavily. I like what I like, but I don't necessarily join clubs about it.

So… How was your Christmas? Was it a white one? Ours was. And much too cold. That warm weather can return any day now.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

 

3 comments:

JeffO said...

It's a good sign when you still really like your own books! I tend to have a love/hate relationship with my stuff when I read it over. We had a ham on Christmas Eve, which means mac & cheese is on the menu for later this week. We did have a white Christmas, and now it's subzero. Supposed to last through the week, I think. Good week to have off from work, hunker down under blankets and read or write! Glad you had a nice Christmas!

Maria Zannini said...

You made all my favorite comfort foods. Our Christmas was fairly quiet. We had to pay property taxes today so now I'm fleeced enough not to want to spend any money for a while. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - We had leftover ham and leftover mac & cheese for dinner last night. Does make me wish I liked cooking more. Haha!

Maria - I don't get billed for property taxes until January, so I'll get a little reprieve. I have the money saved for it, though, so it's not like it hits our accounts that hard. Still an ugly bill to pay.