Monday, January 15, 2018

Lumen5.com

First off, I have to say… Damn, Steelers! Of course, I always thought they’d been super lucky with some of their wins. Guess their luck finally ran out. Looks like it’ll be another year I won’t care about the Super Bowl. Boo.

Now on to Lumen5.com.

A friend from my RWA chapter recommended this site to make videos. And it’s free (as long as you don’t mind it's not HD and that their name & logo shows at the end, and I don’t). You can base it on a blog post (or other URL) or add your own verbiage/blurb/whatnot. So I thought I’d play around with it. Here’s the video I came up with based on the blurb to My Sunny Vampire:



Hopefully it plays (I wasn't able to verify that in preview mode). I thought it turned out pretty neat, even though I don’t show my cover or website (I could have uploaded a picture I created showing my cover (from someplace like Canva), but I didn’t realize that until after I made this). I can easily see myself getting lost in making videos. Like I need another distraction. But it’s something to check out if you’re looking for a free, simple video.

I mean, it must be simple. I was able to figure it out! Haha!

So… Is your team still in the playoffs, or have you turned to hockey (or basketball, I guess that’s going on, too) now? And what do you think of Lumen5? Does it look like something you might play around with?

Happy Monday!

Stacy

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You can always go back and make it again with your cover art.
Steelers were just too damn cocky. That's been their problem for the past couple years. That's why they lost yesterday.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Was the whole team cocky? Maybe some players, sure. But I also think it's time for Ben to go. Some of those short plays called for a QB sneak (he's big enough to punch through), yet he doesn't do it. If he's scared of getting hurt, then he shouldn't play.

JeffO said...

Nice job on the teaser!

Looking forward to the Bruins' annual Martin Luther King Day matinee, hopefully they'll keep rolling. Not a huge football fan, but I feel as if the Steelers of the 2000s pretty regularly lose games like this, maybe I'm wrong. At this point, I'll just root for the dynasty, because--well, just because.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I. WILL. NOT. ROOT. FOR. NEW. ENGLAND. Ugh. Right now the Vikings have my vote. If voting counted, that is. :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

That video's pretty good for something as easy as you make it sound!

And that game yesterday - UGH. My vote's with you - no New England, OK?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I was surprised at how easy it was. I think the hardest part for me was picking pictures that matched the wording!

Maria Zannini said...

You've got me intrigued by that video maker. I'm going to bookmark it. I really don't want to learn something else. My brain is full. :)

If it's as easy as you say, I might try it.

The Happy Whisk said...

I don't find Tomlin to be a good couch.
But ... for better or worse, he's still there.

Neat trailer. Sounds like a fun thing to do
and video-making is so flippin' fun.

Keep up the great work.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - It is easy, but can be time consuming. At least it is for me.

Ivy - I don't think he's a good couch, either, but he's an okay coach (hee hee, sorry, couldn't help myself). He needs to replace his offensive coach, though. He made some bone-head calls!