Friday, March 16, 2018

I'm On a Roll!

Every month this year (which would be only three times), I’ve set a writing goal to add 5000 words to my WIP. January I added 1527. February was worse at 683. But this month? So far I’ve written 2524 words in the past 5 days! And I passed the 10K mark on my WIP, too!

I am on a roll!!

I am determined to keep up the madness work and obliterate that goal.

The other day I was interviewed over on the Eight Ladies Writing blog. You can read it HERE. Don’t worry. It’s short. I apparently don’t believe in rambling in my answers. Is that a good or bad thing? I haven’t decided.

Hubby returned home safe and sound at 3:02am yesterday. His flight was only delayed twice! Don’t you just hate flying? We do.

Penguins won last night, but lost in overtime the night before. What an ugly game that was, too. I’m happy the games were on NBCSN, but hate those back-to-back games. And they have the most (or 2nd most) back-to-back games this season. Doesn’t seem right.

So… Got any big plans this weekend? I’ll be attending my local RWA chapter meeting on Saturday and then on Sunday we celebrate my daughter’s birthday at the Cheesecake Factory. No, it’s not her birthday yet (it’s actually April 10), but we have eight coupons for free slices of cheesecake (oh, look, and there will be 8 of us!) and they expire on the 31st. Can’t let them go to waste (just waist). J

Happy Friday!

Stacy

7 comments:

JeffO said...

Wow, way to go, Stacy! Ride that wave as long as you can!
Glad your husband got home safe and sound, 3am arrival is rough, hope he gets some sleep.

I feel for you on the scheduling. Bruins are closing out the season by playing 19 games in 34 days, every other day since March 6. I'm all for "getting in a rhythm," but I can't help but wonder what they're going to have in the tank when the playoffs come.

Enjoy the cheesecake!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Can't let those coupons go to waste.
Awesome about the writing! Stay on that roll.
I hate flying. Just hate it...

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I'm riding the wave and hope I don't fall! :)

Alex - Flying is definitely the pits.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Congrats on the word count! Now if only I could do the same...

Fun interview, too!

The Happy Whisk said...

Go you. Keep that roll going!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - You'll get there!

Ivy - I am, I am!! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Hot dog!