Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wednesday Reads and I’m Writing

I think I reported earlier this year that I was writing. Unfortunately, that didn’t last. And I’m only on day four of a streak, but I truly believe it’s different this time. I may actually meet my goal of writing 5000 words this month. I credit it all to that brain-storming meeting I had last week. Those ladies really helped me figure out two of my characters (or at least gave me some great ideas) and apparently it was all that I needed. I still need work on my hero, but I’ll let him come to me slowly. It was my heroine and villain which needed the most help, because I came to realize that they’re pivotal to my story.

Don’t you love it when a story starts taking root?

Here’s what I finished reading this week:

Book #9

Dates read: March 5-10
Title: “Wicked Kiss”
Year of publication: 2017
Author: Rebecca Zanetti
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Realm Enforcers #4
# of Pages: 261
Paper or plastic: Paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Working as an informant for the DEA, Victoria Monzelle is used to living on the edge. But she’s not a big fan of getting kidnapped. And definitely not by a bunch of bad boy witches with fancy-colored fire to shoot at people. So when Adam Dunne shows up and claims to be a witch enforcer she’s not going to put her life in his hands based on his word, no matter how smooth and smart and beautifully Irish his words sound. But on the run from a tribunal of witches, she isn’t going to make it far…
    Before she knows it, Adam’s word is all that stands between her and execution. Sophisticated, just-gotta-ruffle-him Adam has vowed to make her his one eternal mate, wild and unpredictable as she is—to save her from a sentence of certain death. But Tori isn’t interested in being anyone’s pity date. And if they think she’s unpredictable now, they should see what’s coming next…
My thoughts: Fast-paced, lots of action, and romance to boot. What’s not to love?

I watched “It” (the movie) last night. Since the mini-series was six hours long, I wondered what was being cut out of the movie. Exactly what I thought: the grown-up part. I guess that comes in Chapter 2? It’d been decades since I read the book last (and yes, I’ve read it more than once), but the movie seemed pretty close to what I remember, so I’ll give it a thumbs up.

On Sunday and Monday I binge-watched Wonderfalls. My daughter had brought over the DVDs for me to watch and since Hubby is away on business (he returns late tonight), I thought it’d be a good time to watch it (after reaching my writing goal for the day). What a quirky show. Have you ever seen it?

So… What do you do when your significant other is away on business? 

Happy Reading! Oh, and Happy Pi Day!

Stacy

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad the ladies helped you. I like it when a story comes together in a first draft so I can then really work on it.
Yes, there will be a second It with the adult half of the story.
It's been a long time since either my wife or myself were away on business. I'm pretty sure I watched a lot of movies. One time I cleaned her office for her.

Maria Zannini said...

Hubby and I lived apart for nearly 15 years, only seeing each other twice a month.

While I was alone I remodeled the house, started a garden, took up yoga, took night classes, started writing, and oh...started a blog. LOL!

hmm...I was busier than I thought.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - You cleaned her office? Man, I'd be happy if Hubby just cleaned his area! :)

Maria - Yes, you were definitely busy. Me? Not so much. Haha!

The Happy Whisk said...

If Tim leaves, I usually do some kind of surprise project for when he gets back. Something to do with the house.

Congrats on the ladies helping you. You got this.

Just keep at ass of yours in the chair and get it done!

JeffO said...

Congratulations on writing again! I've been in a bit of a slump for a while, but I'll get back into it soon. Haven't seen the new "It" yet, but I'm hoping to. My daughter saw it and enjoyed it, and she's a tough sell.