Friday, April 20, 2018

On the Road Again

Today I head down to Corbin, KY for tomorrow I shall be at the Southeastern Kentucky Author Event. If you’re in the area, I hope you’ll come by. It’s only $5 per person to see over 40 authors. Should be fun.

DL Hammons is running the WRiTE Club again this year (http://www.dlhammons.com/). If you want to help out some writers (who have submitted anonymously), check out the bouts and vote for the one you like best. There’s a different bout each day (and it started on Monday), but you have a week or two to vote, so it’s not too late to go over there and start reading and voting.

I started watching “The X Files” this week (after my writing, of course) basically as research (since I kind of reference it in a book I’m revising). I’ve never seen the original series before and I’m enjoying it so far. Twenty-five years didn’t seem all that long ago, or different, in my mind, but now that I can actually SEE it on the screen… Wow. Life was different back then. Not quite as connected as it is now.

Drove by the new house yesterday, but not much has changed on the outside. Still waiting on the siding. Maybe next week! I think the weather is supposed to get warmer. Gosh, I hope so!

So… Got any plans this weekend? I’m hoping I get to Corbin before the Penguins game comes on. I don’t want to miss it!

Happy Friday! And let’s go Pens!!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Safe travels and good luck this weekend!
We were huge X-Files fans and never missed a show. But to see the new seasons next to the old is almost shocking. (However, Gillian Anderson looks even hotter now.)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I wish I had watched the series when it was on, but by the time it got popular (or I noticed it), I wasn't willing to start in the middle (no DVDs or OnDemand to get caught up on back then!).