Monday, April 23, 2018

We Have Drywall!

The last time I drove by the new house, it didn’t look any different (no siding), but we got pictures from the developer on Friday. We have drywall!


This is the kitchen area. Those three windows will be above 
the cabinets

From the great room toward the front door. Archway on the left is to the
master bedroom. Kitchen is to the right.

Holy Pucks, Batman! Did you see yesterday’s Penguins/Flyers game? I thought for sure we were going to lose (and after Friday’s game, I was rather depressed) and then BAM! The Penguins showed up. Yay! So glad THAT series is over. Now we wait to see who we play in the next round. I kind of hope it’s Columbus. I’d like to see them win a first round for once (knocking the Capitals out would just be a bonus).

Author event down in Corbin went about as I expected. Got two new subscribers to my newsletter. Sold a book. But look at my new banner. Ain’t it pretty?



I miscalculated the height needed (it was too tall for the table), but made it work. I also have a smaller version (for when I only have a 3’ table), because I thought it turned out so great.

And yes, I realized AFTER I set up the table that I had the vampire books over the ghost saying and the ghost books over the vampire saying. I will remember to line them up correctly the next time.

Best question I got on Saturday: Do you write paranormal? Hmmm… Let me think.

I’ll have you know that even having traveled 3-1/2 hours on Friday, the book signing and traveling 3-1/2 hours home on Saturday, I have NOT broken my writing streak. 43 days and counting (of writing 300+ words). Whoo hoo! Motivation (or would that be competition against myself) is a powerful thing. Plus, I’m just so darned THRILLED that writing has become fun again.

So… How was your weekend? Frazzled or quiet? Or maybe a happy medium?

Happy Monday!

Stacy

4 comments:

JeffO said...

You must be really excited to see the house shaping up so nicely--is there going to be a skylight in that kitchen? That sloped ceiling looks perfect for one!

Banner looks great!

My organization held a large Earth Day event on Saturday. I'm wiped out, still. On the other hand, I actually wrote 4000(!) words yesterday on something new, though I'm still not really sure what it's going to be, or if it's going to be. Trying to write my way into it.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - There will not be a skylight, but who knows...maybe in the future. And 4000 words? That's awesome! I'm afraid to write THAT much at one time. Used to be when I did a spurt of 3000 or so words, I was dried up for a few days. I like the slow and steady route right now. It's working and I don't want to mess with that.

Maria Zannini said...

That happened fast. I hate sheetrocking. Those things are heavy--especially if you have to screw them into the ceiling.

Have you already decided on wall colors and appliances?

re: The banner was a little short, but it still worked. I kind of liked mixing up the genres on either side too.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - They will supply the kitchen appliances (except the refrigerator, we'll take ours with us). I did choose a gas stove, though. As for paint... I don't care about that. Whatever the walls are, the walls are. I am just not into decorating.