Friday, June 22, 2018

White Boards, A/C, and Still Moving

I need a white board near my calendar.

We’ve had one in the old house since we moved there (1997). Didn’t realize how much I depended on that board until we moved in the new house and it was…not there.

I wish I had been smart enough to order one BEFORE we moved (we really didn’t want the one from the old house—it has a hole for a wall phone, and we don’t have one of those here), but it is what it is. The local stores don’t have the one I prefer (1/2 white board, 1/2 cork board), or I’d just buy one here.

So, instead I wait for one to be shipped. And it should arrive today. Man, I can’t wait until that sucker is up on the wall. I really miss my white board.

What’s so special about this board, you ask? Well… it’s where I keep my to do list.

Oh, I’ve tried using paper, but I always seem to misplace that and it’s not big and bold for me to SEE all the time. And that’s the key. I have to SEE it constantly to remind me. Don’t know if it’s due to old age or what, but I don’t remember things as well as I used to. That’s if I remembered things well in the past. I don’t remember! Haha!

Looks like my ant problem has gone away. Yay! When the builder said the spray would work, he wasn’t kidding. Very happy about that.

Got the air conditioner replaced in the old house on Wednesday. Almost thought I would have to wait. Not ten minutes before the installers arrived, we lost power on our street. I heard a boom outside and then my fans died. That was the third time since we moved that that’s happened. And each time it’s been an animal. I think Dayton Power and Light needs to put up a better fence/cage around the transformer to keep the critters out. Power was eventually restored and the installers came back in the afternoon. It was a hot day in the old house, but I managed to get a lot more cleaned out (or stacked to give away).

It’s a good thing we aren’t in any hurry to move out. This weekend we’ll be in Philadelphia to watch Daughter play Footy (Eastern Regionals). But next week we’ll have to really start working on that basement (the main issue, really). Now that the A/C is working, it won’t be so bad going through the rest of the stuff. But when the air was broken? Ugh. I hated working in that house. The heat would drain me dry.

So… How do you remind yourself of what needs to be done for the day (e.g. a doctor appointment or meeting friends for lunch)? I can’t rely on my phone calendar. It only tells me when the event is to occur at the time of the event. And that’s if I even hear my phone chime the reminder. That just does NOT work for me.

Happy Friday!

Stacy

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No mistaking the sound of a transformer blowing.
I put everything in on the calendar in my iPad. It's with me most of the time and will send me reminders.

JeffO said...

I hope your new whiteboard arrives on time! For me, I use scraps of paper--which I often lose! I'm not the most efficient guy in the world.

Our first ant problem was taken care of. This week we have a new one, which will hopefully be the last. I'm on it. Have a good weekend!

Silver in AZ said...

one word: COZI. It is the greatest app of all time, imo. It's a calendar (personal or family-shared.) it's a list maker-personal or family shared. Hubby can be at the market, I can add to the list while he is there, he sees it! It reminds us (multiple times if necessary) of appointments and events. You can set who gets reminded. It's AWESOME.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

+1 for Cozi! You can set the reminders for any time before the event - and it works on both phone and computer. I set it for my browser home page, so I see it as soon as I get online.

Good luck with the rest of the move!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I don't even like carrying my phone around. Can't imagine carrying an iPad! Haha!

Jeff - Hope you get your ant problem fixed for good. I hope the same for me! :)

Silver - Won't work. I don't like carrying my phone. It's usually in my purse. If not for my Fitbit, I would probably miss calls!

Jennette - I guess I'm just not electronically inclined. And I rarely have my home page up. It's usually on my document (because I'm SUPPOSED to be writing!). :)