Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Wednesday Reads and Moving to IngramSpark

I used to use CreateSpace for my paperback books. Well, I guess I’m STILL using CreateSpace, but I’m not using them for expanded distribution. Since they are in the process of moving all the books to KDP, I decided to move them to IngramSpark instead. My books may still get moved to KDP, but they won’t be on expanded distribution there.

So… if you were wondering why you haven’t seen my paperbacks at B&N, that would be why. It takes 2-6 weeks before vendors will see the book. Since I haven’t sold any paperbacks, the long lead time really wasn’t an issue for me. And now maybe since I’m with IngramSpark, other bookstores (besides B&N and Books & Co) will take a chance. Never know.

Luckily, it didn’t cost me anything to transfer the books to IngramSpark. Now, for my next book, I’ll have to pay a fee (unless I get lucky at the time and find a coupon to do it for free, and I’ve been told there are always coupons out there). Small price to pay to be seen in other bookstores (and not rely on Amazon).

Here’s what I finished reading this week:

Book #35

Dates read: September 11-16
Title: Have You Seen Her?
Year of publication: 2004
Author: Karen Rose
Genre: Romantic suspense
Series: Romantic Suspense #2
# of Pages: 499
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: One by one, the girls disappear from their beds at night. Each one is pretty, with long dark hair. And each one is found brutally murdered.
    Special Agent Steven Thatcher has sworn to find the serial killer preying on this small town. As the investigation pulls him one way, his family pulls him in another. A widower haunted by loss, he now worries about his son Brad slipping away. But there’s a bright light in his life: his son’s teacher, Jenna Marshall, has reached out to help. She’s beautiful, kind, and considerate—and slowly, tentatively, she and Steven are starting to fall in love. But both have been hurt before—badly. And as the two try to find the courage to bare their souls, a murderer who has slain many looks for the real treasure he craves. He sets his traps. And waits. For Jenna…
My thoughts: Another page turner! Man, I love her books. I am definitely HOOKED.

So… Don’t you just hate messing with something you thought you’d never have to mess with again? That’s how I felt about transferring my titles to IngramSpark. Would have probably gone to just as much work after the transfer to KDP, because does anything ever go right in a transfer? I’ve found that it DOESN’T.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Quite a few other authors are talking about the changes. Sorry for the hassle.

JeffO said...

Congratulations...? Maybe? Potentially wider distribution is good, right?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - CreateSpace/KDP/IngramSpark has been the topic of conversation lately in many of the groups I belong with.

Jeff - I think it will be wider distribution, plus it won't be associated with CreateSpace anymore, which I think MIGHT have been a hindrance. We'll see!