Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Wednesday Reads and We’re Meeting the Realtor!

We’re meeting the realtor this morning and I sure hope he says the old house is ready to put on the market. I am soooooo tired of working on (and putting money into) that thing! Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

Here’s what I finished reading this week:

Book #44

Dates read: October 9-15
Title: The Demon Always Wins
Year of publication: 2018
Author: Jeanne Oates Estridge
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Touched by a Demon #1
# of Pages: 309
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Seven short weeks. That’s all the time the demon Belial has to stack up a victory for Satan and earn his promotion to Chief Executive Demon, the second most powerful position in Hell. If Belial can corrupt God’s champion within the agreed time-frame, Hell will score bragging rights—and another soul. The demon always wins, but this one is anybody’s game.
    Seven short weeks. Widowed nurse Dara Strong is the ace up God’s sleeve. Dara, the granddaughter of famous demon-fighters, has no problem recognizing Dr. Ben Lyle as a demon in doctor’s disguise when he appears at her clinic. She kicks him out the door, but the most successful soul-stealer in the history of Hell is not about to give up so easily.
    As the battle between the cosmically well-matched opponents escalates, conflict breeds passion and passion transforms into love. Caught between a victory-hungry Satan and an unforgiving God, Belial and Dara discover there may be only one way to ransom the soul of a fallen angel: sometimes you have to go through Hell to claim your heaven.
My thoughts: This is a debut book from my friend and you don’t know how HAPPY I am that I enjoyed this!

The Dodgers won last night in 13 innings! I couldn't stay up to see it all, but sure smiled when I checked the score this morning. Go Dodgers!!

So… When was the last time you sold a house? Did it go fast or slow? The last time for us was in 1998 (I think), and the sale didn’t go so well on that one (took forever!). I sure hope this one goes quickly.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope it's ready for market. We still live in the first house we bought so I've not had experience selling one.

JeffO said...

We sold my parents' house back in...2009? 10? I can't believe it's already been so long that we can't remember. We skipped the advice of my mother's friend (a realtor) who said "Sell it as is" in favor of putting about four months of work into it and sold it in about a week, for a nice sum. I hope for a rapid sale for you!

And that book--it sounds really familiar, but I don't recognize the author's name. Have you read other boos in this series?

Maria Zannini said...

Good luck on the house!

We've had houses that have sold fast, and houses that have sold slowly. There are so many factors involved it's hard to make rhyme or reason.

I hope you're successful though. The biggest burden on a house that sold slowly was constantly worrying about break ins. Bad guys know when a house is empty.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - We're in our third house. It better be our LAST!

Jeff - Jeanne is a friend of mine and this is her first book. The second one is due out in January. This is one series I will keep on reading.

Maria - The old house is on a cul-de-sac, and the neighbors are really good at letting us know if anything looks hinky. I hope it sells fast, too, but after the meeting, I'm not so sure. Lots of houses on the market in our area. Boo! But ours is ON the market now. Yay!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Our flip house sold in less than three weeks in July, and for asking price. Even though we're getting out of the prime summer selling time, our market is still pretty strong, so high hopes for you.

I'll have to check out Jeanne's book - it sounds good!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - There are quite a few homes in our neighborhood up for sale. I was hoping we could get more (than we're asking) for our house, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Too much competition now. Figures! And DO read Jeanne's book. It's really good!!! I believe she has it on sale for Kindle at 99c right now. Good deal!!

dolorah said...

Hope it all went well with the Realtor, Stacy. I have sold two houses, and luckily both sold in about 6 months. Times have gotten tighter since then though.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Donna - If it takes six months, I'll die! A lot of houses around here have been selling within weeks of listing. That's what we're hoping happens with ours.

Vicki Rocho said...

I'm wishing I'd been reviewing the books I've read this year - or at least jotting down my thoughts afterward. There are some from January that I barely remember. Maybe that's my goal for 2019. Ever notice how there's often a thread between books? Maybe it's the location or time period or a character's name? I thought it could be fun to try and tie all the books I read together somehow.

I think anytime you buy/sell a house, it's so stressful. We only did it once, and while it took about 30 days that's TORTURE when you've already had an offer accepted on the new house and are worried about making two house payments.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Vicki - We're lucky in that our old house is paid for, so we only have the one mortgage. But I'd sure like to get it reduced SOON! :D