Well... I didn't reach my goal of reading 90 books in 2014, so I'm going to attempt the same goal this year. They don't call me stubborn for nothin'!
I did it!!! I reached my goal. I'm so happy!!!!
1. "The Discarded" by Brett Battles (finished 1/5/15). 332 pages. A suspense/thriller. This is the 8th book in the Jonathan Quinn series. Still keeping me interested, too. I really loved the ending!
2. "Forgotten Sins" by Rebecca Zanetti (finished 1/17/15). 400 pages. First book in a new romantic suspense series and I'm hooked. Loved Shane and Josie. Lots of yummy suspense and danger!
3. "One Sinful Night in Sao Paulo" by Amber Belldene (finished 1/19/15). 83 pages. I love her books, even a contemporary novella (like this one). A fun read.
4. "Bad Girl" by Julie Miller (finished 1/21/15). 188 pages. A romantic suspense novella.
5. "Take the Key and Lock Her Up" by Lena Diaz (finished 1/25/15). 455 pages. A romantic suspense. Fourth book in the Deadly Games series.
6. "The Scandalous Love of a Duke" by Jane Lark (finished 1/28/15). 361 pages. A historical romance.
7. "Miss Amelia Lands a Duke" by Sandy Raven (finished 1/29/15). 130 pages. A historical romance novella.
8. "Driven to Matrimony" by Barbara Barrett (finished 1/30/15). 205 (large-print) pages. A romantic comedy novella.
9. "Artist's Touch" by Kerry Adrienne (finished 1/31/15). An erotic (M/M) romance novella. First book in the Guild series.
10. "One Kiss With a Rock Star" by Amber Lin (finished 2/2/15). 243 pages. An erotic (ménage) romance. This is the 2nd book in the Half Life series.
11. "Falling for You...Again" by Kate Curran (finished 2/4/15). 240 pages. A contemporary romance.
12. "Stone Castles" by Trish Morey (finished 2/10/15). 318 pages. A contemporary romance.
13. "Affliction" by Laurell K. Hamilton (finished 2/17/15). 603 pages. An urban fantasy. This is the 22nd book in the Anita Blake series. Still kept me glued to the pages. Thoroughly enjoyable read.
14. "Shadowed" by Rebecca Zanetti (finished 2/23/15). 270 pages. A paranormal romance. Sixth book in the series - Jase's and Brenna's story. I like the series, but I still think the vampires can be a little mean (too much alpha for me, I guess).
15. "Tamed" by Rebecca Zanetti (finished 2/24/15). 100 pages. A paranormal romance. #6.5 in the series - Caleb's and Lily's story. A nice set up for the finale.
16. "Marked" by Rebecca Zanetti (finished 2/25/15). 282 pages. A paranormal romance. #7 (and finale) of the series - Janie's and Zane's story. Nice to see these two together finally.
17. "Allegiance" by Susannah Sandlin (finished 3/5/15). 322 pages. A paranormal romance. #4 in the Penton Legacy series - Cage's and Robin's story (sort of). I liked the story, but there wasn't enough of Cage and Robin to suit me.
18. "The Immortal Who Loved Me" by Lynsay Sands (finished 3/8/15). 357 pages. A paranormal romance. This is the 21st book of the Argeneau Vampire Series - Basil's and Sherry's story. I loved it. I love this series. Funny and sexy read.
19. "Dying Embers" by B.E. Sanderson (finished 3/11/15). 372 pages. A suspense with romantic elements. Emma is one sick chick and made for an interesting villain. Enjoyable read.
20. "Veronica Mars: The Thousand Dollar Tan Line" by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham (finished 3/16/15). 324 pages. A mystery. First book in the series, but starts off where the Veronica Mars movie ended. I really enjoyed it and will read more.
21. "Becoming His Master" by M.Q. Barber (finished 3/17/15). 173 pages. An erotic romance. Fourth book in the Neighborly Affection series, but the beginning of Henry's and Jay's story. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I do so love these characters!
22. "Bed of Roses" by Gemma Brocato (finished 3/19/15). 244 pages. A contemporary romance. Fourth book in the Five Senses series, Gunnar's and Malin's story. Kind of fell in love a little with Gunnar. He's certainly one dream man!
23. "Saint Odd" by Dean Koontz (finished 3/25/15). 338 pages. A horror. #7 (and finale) in the Odd Thomas series. I liked the story, but Odd seemed to go through a lot of convoluted stuff (in previous books) just to get to that ending.
24. "Die Again" by Tess Gerritsen (finished 3/28/15). 330 pages. A crime/suspense/thriller. #11 in the Rizzoli & Isles series. Had me guessing all the way to the end, and then I still guessed wrong. Awesome read!
25. "Invaded" by Melissa Landers (finished 3/31/15). 356 pages. A YA sci-fi. #2 in the Alienated series. I'm enjoying this series, even though I find it a bit hard to believe teenagers are so mature.
26. "Kiss of Midnight" by Lara Adrian (finished 4/4/15). 402 pages. A paranormal romance. #1 in the Midnight Breed series. This is Lucan's and Gabrielle's story. I knew I shouldn't have started reading this series. Now I want them all! Yeah, I loved it.
27. "A Touch of Midnight" by Lara Adrian (finished 4/5/15). 124 pages. A paranormal romance novella. #0.5 in the Midnight Breed series. This is Gideon's and Savannah's story. A definite quick, but super enjoyable, read.
28. "Killing Fear" by Allison Brennan (finished 4/11/15). 421 pages. A romantic suspense. First book in the Prison Break Trilogy. This is Will Hooper's and Robin McKenna's story. Lots of suspense, a sensual romance and one wicked villain. Thoroughly entertaining.
29. "Tempting Evil" by Allison Brennan (finished 4/16/15). 407 pages. A romantic suspense. Second book in the Prison Break Trilogy. This is Tyler McBride's and Jo Sutton's story. There's a LOT in this book, which might be overwhelming for some. Kept me turning the pages, though.
30. "Playing Dead" by Allison Brennan (finished 4/23/15). 462 pages. A romantic suspense. Third book in the Prison Break Trilogy. This is Claire O'Brien's and Mitch Bianchi's story. Attempted murders, rescues, and a love story. Everything this reader loves. Good story.
31. "Love in the Time of the Dead" by Tera Shanley (finished 4/29/15). 208 pages. A dystopian romance. First book in the Dead Rapture series. Not the kind of romance I typically enjoy.
32. "How to Kill Your Boss--An Erotic Love Story" by Krissy Daniels (finished 5/1/15). 221 pages. A romantic suspense (maybe). Had its funny moments, but I wasn't a fan of Franklin.
33. "Enchanter's Echo" by Anise Rae (finished 5/7/15). 275 pages. A paranormal/fantasy romance. Aurora's and Edmund's story. Started out slow, but ended with a bang.
34. "Kiss of Crimson" by Lara Adrian (finished 5/12/15). 387 pages. A paranormal romance. #2 in the Midnight Breed series. Dante's and Tess's story. Loved, loved, loved it! Definitely hooked on this series.
35. "My Name is A'yen" by Rachel Leigh Smith (finished 5/19/15). 302 pages. A sci-fi romance. #1 in the A'yen Legacy series. I won't be reading #2 in the series.
36. "Crouching Tiger Forbidden Vampire" by Kerrelyn Sparks (finished 5/24/15). 370 pages. A paranormal romance. #16 (and finale) in the Love at Stake series. This is Russell's and Jia's story. Sad to see the series end, but enjoyed the ride. This book was just as good as the rest.
37. "Jason" by Laurell K. Hamilton (finished 5/25/15). 255 pages long. An urban fantasy. #23 in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series. Lots of talk about sex (oh, and sex, too). No fighting monsters. A nice recap of who is who in Anita's life.
38. "Hard as You Can" by Laura Kaye (finished 5/31/15). 370 pages long. A contemporary romance/romantic suspense. #2 in the Hard Ink series. This is Shane's and Crystal's/Sara's story. Love it (lots of tension--sexual and otherwise). Wished I'd read book 1 first. Will remedy that shortly.
39. "Eighth Grave After Dark" by Darynda Jones (finished 6/2/15). 293 pages. An urban fantasy. #8 in the Charley Davidson series. I love Charley and Reyes and Cookie and everything about this series, but didn't care for the cliff hanger at the end.
40. "Dead Awakenings" by Rebekah R. Ganiere (finished 6/12/15). 251 pages. A paranormal (zombie) romance. Story started out slow, but picked up steam to the end.
41. "The Shadows" by J.R. Ward (finished 6/22/15). 576 pages. A paranormal romance. #13 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Trez's and Selena's story (among others). Gut wrenching. Loved it.
42. "The Buried" by Brett Battles (finished 6/26/15). 332 pages. A suspense/thriller. #9 in the Jonathan Quinn series. Faced pace and hard to put down. I love this series because I love the characters.
43. "Hard As It Gets" by Laura Kaye (finished 6/30/15). 356 pages. A contemporary romance/romantic suspense. #1 in the Hard Ink series. This is Nick's and Becca's story. I read Book 2 first, and this one did NOT disappoint. Will read the rest of the series now (once I buy them, that is).
44. "Mr. Mercedes" by Stephen King (finished 7/7/15). 436 pages. A suspense/thriller. #1 in the Bill Hodges Trilogy. About a sick individual and a team looking to take him out. Thoroughly enjoyable and hard to put down. Look forward to the next book in the trilogy.
45. "Blood Eternal" by Amber Belldene (finished 7/8/15). 19 pages. A paranormal romance. #4 in the Blood Vine series. Pedro's and Luke's wrap-up storyline. I loved seeing these characters again. Would have liked to see more, though, because I'm greedy!
46. "Ghostly Justice" by Allison Brennan (finished 7/10/15). 84 pages. An urban fantasy. #2.5 in the Seven Deadly Sins series. Nice to get back into Moira's and Rafe's life, even for a little story that doesn't involve looking for the demons. I look forward to Book 3.
47. "Risking Love" by Janie Mason (finished 7/12/15). 223 pages. A historical romance (pre-Civil War). #1 in the New Beginnings series. Lucy's and Renzo's story. An enjoyable read.
48. "The Forgotten Girl" by David Bell (finished 7/21/15). 410 pages. A mystery/suspense. Not one of my favorites.
49. "What the Night Knows" by Dean Koontz (finished 7/27/15). 442 pages. A horror. This was a spooky story and I enjoyed it very much. A very suspenseful ending.
50. "Veronica Mars: Mr. Kiss and Tell" by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham (finished 7/29/15). 330 pages. A mystery. #2 in the series. I love revisiting these characters. It was such a fun time and makes me miss the television series even more!
51. "A Buckhorn Summer" & "Back to Buckhorn" by Lori Foster (finished 8/1/15). 235 pages. 2 contemporary romance novellas in one book. #8 & #7 of the Buckhorn Brothers series. Short and sexy stories with some hot, hot fellas! Hard not to fall in love with these guys.
52. "Finders Keepers" by Stephen King (finished 8/5/15). 431 pages. A suspense/thriller. #2 in the Bill Hodges Trilogy. Would a person REALLY be that obsessed with books? I believed it.
53. "Her Shirtless Gentleman" by M.Q. Barber (finished 8/6/15). 163 pages. A contemporary romance. No BDSM erotica like her other books, but one great romantic (sexy) love story! She's an automatic buy for me.
54. "SEAL My Destiny" by Sharon Hamilton (finished 8/6/15). 87 pages. An erotic romance novella. #6 in the SEAL Brotherhood series. Luke's and Julie's story. A quick & sexy read, but Julie's story isn't resolved in the novella version.
55. "Bloodlines" by Richelle Mead (finished 8/11/15). 421 pages. A young adult paranormal/urban fantasy. First book in the Bloodlines series. I like Sydney. I like Adrian. Little bitty cliffhanger at the end (which I expected). Love being back in this world, though.
56. "The Golden Lily" by Richelle Mead (finished 8/12/15). 417 pages. A young adult paranormal/urban fantasy. Second book in the Bloodlines series. Still loving the series. Adrian cracks me up.
57. "The Indigo Spell" by Richelle Mead (finished 8/13/15). 401 pages. A young adult paranormal/urban fantasy. Third book in the Bloodlines series. Here come the cliff hangers. So glad I have the next book. Loving the series DESPITE that!
58. "The Fiery Heart" by Richelle Mead (finished 8/14/15). 420 pages. A young adult paranormal/urban fantasy. Fourth book in the Bloodlines series. Adrian's point of view--YAY! Stupid cliffhanger--BOO! I'm am way past being hooked.
59. "Silver Shadows" by Richelle Mead (finished 8/16/15). 380 pages. A young adult paranormal/urban fantasy. Fifth book in the Bloodlines series. Started slower than the others, but picked up speed once Adrian got his sh*t together.
60. "The Ruby Circle" by Richelle Mead (finished 8/17/15). 348 pages. A young adult paranormal/urban fantasy. Sixth (and final) book in the Bloodlines series. Ahhh... such a great series. Left me all gooey inside, too. :)
61. "The Bourbon Kings" by J.R. Ward (finished 8/23/15). 418 pages. A contemporary soap opera. First book of a series. Not as much romance as I had hoped, but the series has piqued my interest.
62. "Best Laid Plans" by Allison Brennan (finished 8/27/15). 437 pages. A suspense/thriller. #9 in the Lucy Kincaid series. Ooohhh, I soooo loved the ending (before the Epilogue)! Can't wait for the next book.
63. "Gypsy" by Patricia A. Ramsey (finished 9/2/15). 422 pages. A paranormal romance. #3 in the Sons of Sangue series. Gypsy's and Tamera's story. Not my favorite of the series. I had trouble forgiving Tamera in this story, but enjoyed it enough to want to keep reading the series.
64. "Star Cruise: Marooned" by Veronica Scott (finished 9/5/15). 128 pages. A sci-fi romance. Red's and Meg's story. A little short, but enjoyable.
65. "Drunk on You" by Teri Anne Stanley. 198 pages. A contemporary romance. A sexy and fun read. Got happy tears at the end. Awww...
66. "The Siren's Touch" by Amber Belldene (finished 9/9/15). 209 pages. A paranormal romance. Another sexy and fun read. And GHOSTS! Loved it.
67. "Death Sword" by Pamela Turner (finished 9/12/15). 155 pages. A paranormal romance. I had trouble connecting with the characters.
68. "Want It" by Jennifer Chance (finished 9/15/15). 242 pages. A contemporary romance. #3 in the Rule Breakers series. Erin's and Zander's story. Lots of sex and adventure in this one.
69. "Dinosaur Lake" by Kathryn Meyer Griffith (finished 9/17/15). 275 pages. A horror/thriller. #1 in the Dinosaur Lake series. Reminded me of Jaws. Got a kick out of reading this one.
70. "Unexpected Eden" by Rhenna Morgan (finished 9/20/15). 257 pages. A paranormal/fantasy romance. #1 in the Eden series. Lexi's and Eryx's story. Insta-love and lots of sex. I enjoyed it.
71. "Midnight Awakening" by Lara Adrian (finished 9/26/15). 369 pages. A paranormal romance. #3 in the Midnight Breed series. Elise's and Tegan's story. Lots of romance and adventure. Loving this series!
72. "Hard To Hold On To" by Laura Kaye (finished 9/29/15). 166 pages. A contemporary romance novella. #2.5 in the Hard Ink series. Easy's and Jenna's story. This was a gut wrenching little story. Had me in tears numerous times.
73. "Hard To Come By" by Laura Kaye (finished 10/6/15). 366 pages. A romantic suspense. #3 in the Hard Ink series. Derek's and Emilie's story. Great story. Lots of action and sexy stuff. Love the sexy stuff.
74. "Brighter Than the Sun" by Darynda Jones (finished 10/7/15). 106 pages. An urban fantasy novella. #8.5 in the Charley Davidson series. This is Reyes' prequel in his point of view. I always love seeing what's in his point of view.
75. "About a Vampire" by Lynsay Sands (finished 10/14/15). 357 pages. A paranormal romance. #22 in the Argeneau Vampire series. This is Justin's and Holly's story. I was so happy to see Justin finally get his own book, but felt sooooo sorry for the way he was treated. A good read!
76. "Kiss Chase" by Danica Avet (finished 10/16/15). 57 pages. A contemporary erotic romance novella. #3 in A Crushes to Cravings Tale. Ava's and Hyde's story. Enjoyable story and steamy sex scenes, but CLIFFHANGER! :(
77. "Myth and Magic" by Mae Clair (finished 10/19/15). 252 pages. A romantic suspense. Thought it was a ghost story, ended up being a romantic suspense. Got caught up in the story right away and had a hard time putting it down.
78. "Felt Tips: Office Supply Erotica" edited by Tiffany Reisz (finished 10/19/15). 306 pages. A collection of erotic short stories. I've been reading this on and off since August. Some stories were good, but most were just okay.
79. "Chalvaren Rising" by Paula Millhouse (finished 10/27/15). 318 pages. A romantic fantasy. Lots of elves and dragons.
80. "Let the Dead Sleep" by Heather Graham (finished 10/31/15). 331 pages. A supernatural thriller with romantic elements. #1 in the Cafferty and Quinn series. I liked the story and I like the characters enough to try the next one in the series.
81. "Bared to You" by Sylvia Day (finished 11/3/15). 319 pages. An erotica romance. Looking for steamy sex between two damaged individuals, this is your book. I know I had problems putting it down. Hot stuff.
82. "Jukebox Hero" by Teri Anne Stanley (finished 11/5/15). 52 pages. A contemporary romance novella. Interesting little story, but kind of short.
83. "The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide" by Stephenie Meyer (finished 11/15/15). 541 pages. The companion book to the Twilight Series. Brought back fond memories of when I was obsessed with this series.
84. "Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined" by Stephenie Meyer (finished 11/21/15). 387 pages. A young adult paranormal romance. Couldn't connect with Beau in this like I did with Bella in "Twilight," but still an enjoyable read AND the ending surprised me.
85. "Playing With Fire" by Tess Gerritsen (finished 11/24/15). 250 pages. A mystery/suspense/thriller. Very interesting. I became hooked on both Julia's and Lorenzo's stories and read this quickly.
86. "No Good Deed" by Allison Brennan (finished 12/3/15). 461 pages. A suspense/thriller. #10 in the Lucy Kincaid series. Whoo boy! What a ride. Hard to put down. Love this series!!
87. "Wolf Tales VIII" by Kate Douglas (finished 12/9/15). 265 pages. An erotica. #8 in the Wolf Tale series. Didn't hold my interest like the others did. Not too thrilled about the ending, either. But I like most of the characters and I do own the rest of this series, so they'll get read.
88. "Treasure on Moon Lake" by Amy Gamet (finished 12/10/15). 118 pages. A contemporary romance. #1 in the Love on the Lake series. I am not the audience for this book.
89. "Ready to Were" by Robyn Peterman (finished 12/12/15). 108 pages. A comedic paranormal/urban fantasy. #1 in the Shift Happens series. A cute and funny read. And NO cliffhanger! Yay! I'll pick up #2.
90. "The Best Revenge" by Anne R. Allen (finished 12/16/15). 257 pages. A novel in a genre I can't place. #3 in the Camella Randall Mystery series. I enjoyed the story, but it's not a mystery. It has some romantic elements, but it's not a romance, either. Just a fun story about a naïve girl.
91. "Sudden Death" by Allison Brennan (finished 12/20/15). 424 pages. A romantic suspense First book of the FBI Trilogy. Jack Kincaid's and Megan Elliott's story. Quite a page turner. Loved it!
92. "Blood Kiss" by J.R. Ward (finished 12/23/15). 397 pages. A paranormal romance. First book of the Black Dagger Legacy series. Paradise's & Craeg's story as well as Butch's and Marissa's. Easily got sucked back into this world and had a hard time putting the book down. Loved it.