Another year and another reading goal: 90 books. I did it last year. Let's see if I can repeat!
1. "Beautiful Creatures" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (finished 1/1/14). My daughter told me I would love this book and she was correct. I loved how it was told via Ethan (1st person) and look forward to reading the rest of the series.
2. "Doctor Sleep" by Stephen King (finished 1/14/14). Once this book grabbed me, it wouldn't let go. It just took me a bit to get there (had to get used to omniscient all over again). I liked how it made some references to The Shining without giving me the need to re-read that book, because it had been decades since I had.
3. "Beautiful Darkness" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (finished 1/21/14). Not as good as the first, but still enjoyable.
4. "Blood Reunited" by Amber Belldene (finished 1/24/14). A wonderful ending to a wonderful series. Hot and sexy, too!
5. "Beautiful Chaos" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (finished 1/30/14). Much better than the second in this series. I like Ethan and Lena working together, not apart. Ending, however, is making me itching to rip into the fourth. Argh!
6. "High Frequency" by Jocie McKade (finished 2/3/14). If you enjoyed the movie "I Love Trouble" starring Julia Roberts and Nick Nolte (which I did not), then you will probably love this book. They both have that screwball scenario going for them.
7. "Beautiful Redemption" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (finished 2/7/14). A fitting end to a wonderful series. I'm a happy reader!
8. "Worst Week Ever" by Liza O'Connor (finished 2/16/14). A whacky, romantic comedy. Not sure Trent is worthy of Carrie's love and devotion, but I do love the way his mind works (or doesn't work, as the case may be).
9. "Kiss the Dead" by Laurell K. Hamilton (finished 2/20/14). Too much repetition (especially for the 21st book in this series), but I still enjoyed the world and the story. I'll keep reading.
10. "Ghost Lover" by Liza O'Connor (finished 2/21/14). Enjoyable story, but more of a contemporary than a paranormal romance. Kind of reminded me of "Sabrina."
11. "Unite Me" by Tahereh Mafi (finished 2/24/14). Two shorts included in this. Not sure I liked them all that much as they were in other character's POV. They overlapped events that were in the books, so it seemed kind of unneccesary.
12. "Ignite Me" by Tahereh Mafi (finished 2/26/14). A fitting end to the series. I defintely enjoyed the ride.
13. "The Promised One" by C.D. Hersh (finished 3/2/14). Liked the story okay, but wish it was a bit more racy. I like sex in my romances, so sue me!
14. "After Dead" by Charlaine Harris (finished 3/3/14). Kind of pricy for what little I got in this book. Heck, I didn't even remember most of the characters. Oh well...
15. "The Girl and the Raven" by Pauline Gruber (finished 3/7/14). Story was okay. Too many first person POVs for my pleasure, though.
16. "Dangerous Affairs" by Nina Pierce (finished 3/9/14). I had fun reading the three novellas, which were basically related to be a whole book. I needed a good sexy romance fix!
17. "Twisted" by Rebecca Zanetti (finished 3/12/14). Maggie and Terrent's story. This series is becomming a "must read" one. Even the short novellas!
18. "Fashionably Dead" by Robyn Peterman (finished 3/16/14). Started slow, got into it good and then...it didn't end! Ugh!
19. "The Dragon's Heart" by Eden Ashe (finished 3/20/14). Hooked me from the beginning and didn't let go. I loved it!!!
20. "Playing the Game" by M.Q. Barber (finished 3/22/14). This book isn't erotica for nothing! Whew! But I really love the characters, too. They are so fascinating. Can't wait to read more.
21. "Watershed" by Cd Brennan (finished 3/24/14). Sweet romance set in Australia. Enjoyable. I liked Maggie and Gray.
22. "Crossing the Lines" by M.Q. Barber (finished 3/26/14). Oh my God! I devoured this book. I love these characters so much and I can't wait for the next installment due out in...June! Arrrgh!!
23. "Dexter's Final Cut" by Jeff Lindsay (finished 4/3/14). Is this the last book? I have no clue. It certainly could continue--based on the ending. I thought it was typical Dexter stuff and there is some surprising twists at the end.
24. "Love's a Beach" an anthology by writers of the Ohio Valley Romance Writers of America (finished 4/10/14). A little bit of everything for you to enjoy. I especially like MY two stories--haha!
25. "Second Avenue, Second Hand" by Wendy Tyler Ryan (finished 4/20/14). This anthology has numerous genres, but all revolving around the same second hand store. I liked the sweet romance one the best.
26. "Jingle Bell Rock" by Rie Warren (finished 4/21/14). Very sexy, hot, m/m romantic short. I really liked it.
27. "Bobbie Faye's Sizzling Heart Breaking Can't Stop Collision With Heat (Bobbie Faye 0.5)" by Tony McGee Causey (finished 4/22/14). A short story and a fun read.
28. "Bobbie Faye's Critically Spectacular Insanely Bad Failure to Communicate ('Bobbie Faye 1.5)" by Tony McGee Causey (finished 4/22/14). The jumping back and forth between times kind of jarred me, but I still enjoyed this short story.
29. "Bobbie Faye's Whacked Out, No Good, Really Sucky, Hot Mess of a Wedding" by Tony McGee Causey (finished 4/23/14). A nice finale for the series, even though it was too short. A true Happy Ending!
30. "The King" by J.R. Ward (finished 5/8/14). I loved being back in that world. I could re-read the whole series again. Maybe one day I will, if I ever run out of new books to read, that is!
31. "Just After Sunset" by Stephen King (finished 5/12/14). I enjoyed most of the short stories in this anthology (especially the last, which was probably the grossest).
32. "How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) by Kerrelyn Sparks (finished 5/13/14). Zoltan's and Neona's story. Loved it!!! Ah, but then, that's not a total surprise. I love this series.
33. "An Unwilling Husband" by Tera Shanley (finished 5/18/14). Not my normal genre (historical, and SWEET at that), but I enjoyed the story very much.
34. "The Start of Something Good" by Renee Vincent (finished 5/18/14). I knew going in this book wouldn't have a real "ending" since it was short (100 pgs) and is Book 1, but despite that (and the fact this was another SWEET story), I enjoyed it enough to go out and buy the next two.
35. "Earth Enchanted" by Brynna Curry (finished 5/22/14). Not what I expected.
36. "Vampire Most Wanted" by Lynsay Sands (finished 5/26/14). Marcus's and Devine's/Basha's story. Still not tired of this series. Parts had me laughing out loud!
37. "Healing the Wounds" by M.Q. Barber (finished 6/2/14). I had re-read the first two books of this series to get ready for this one and then went and read this book in ONE DAY! I love these characters soooo much and I look forward for more.
38. "Sixth Grave on the Edge" by Darynda Jones (finished 6/6/14). Typical Charley fare, which is good, because I love that! Especially loved the excerpt at the end in Reyes' POV. Would love more of that.
39. "The Road to Something Better" by Renee Vincent (finished 6/7/14). Second book in the series, which the story doesn't end here, either (not that I expected it would). Enjoyed reading about Jamie and Joseph, though.
40. "The Gift of Something Grand" by Renee Vincent (finished 6/8/14). Jamie's & Joseph's relationship adventure left me all happy and giddy. Series best read back-to-back-to-back.
41. "How to Marry a Highlander" by Katharine Ashe (finished 6/11/14). This was a reading assignment and I wasn't sure I'd like it. Turned out I was wrong. Still had trouble with some of the terminology, but I loved the story and the romance.
42. "Alienated" by Melissa Landers (finished 6/15/14). A YA Sci-Fi Romance, really lite on the sci-fi, which was fine by me. Beginning of the series, so the ending is a little unfinished, but overall I enjoyed it.
43. "Dead Heat" by Allison Brennan (finished 6/21/14). Still loving the Lucy Kincaid books. I had trouble putting this one down, too.
44. "Ever Mine" by Eden Ashe (finished 6/22/14). Cute story. Sexy, too. I would have liked it to be longer. I wanted more. Yeah, I'm greedy like that.
45. "Viper" by Patricia A. Rasey (finished 6/30/14). Whoo hoo! Sexy vampires. Suspense and thrills. What's not to love?
46. "Hawk" by Patricia A. Rasey (finished 7/5/14). Just as good (if not better) than Viper, and an ending I wasn't expecting. I'm guessing there will be more (they just aren't written yet!).
47. "Deadly Chemistry" by Teri Anne Stanley (finished 7/8/14). A fun, light-hearted romantic suspense with a hot guy!
48. "Innocence" by Dean Koontz (finished 7/17/14). I'd read most of the book and wondered where it was going. Then when I reached the end, I wondered what it was all about.
49. "Apocalypse Rising" by Maria Zannini (finished 7/20/14). The continuation of Leda's and Grey's story. This one started where the first one left off. I hope the series continues.
50. "Prince of Shadows" by Tes Hilarie (finished 7/25/14). This is Valen and Gabby's story, and I enjoyed it very much, as I do the series.
51. "Her Favorite Mistake" by Barbara Lohr (finished 8/1/14). I would have preferred it to be hotter than it was, but the romance was good.
52. "Captured Heat" by Karida Clarke (finished 8/4/14). Nice paranormal story. Lots of sexy scenes, too.
53. "Phantom Instinct" by Meg Gardiner (finished 8/6/14). Man, what a thriller. Loved every second of it. Had a hard time putting it down.
54. "Disappearing Nightly" by Laura Resnick (finished 8/13/14). Expected a paranormal romance (or even an urban fantasy), got a paranormal mystery instead. Still, it was a good story and I enjoyed it.
55. "Wolf Tales VII" by Kate Douglas (finished 8/19/14). Not as hot as others, but I'm thinking it's because there wasn't any really NEW couples, well, except for the men. Those scenes were pretty good.
56. "Shadowlight" by Lynn Viehl (finished 8/25/14). Interesting story, but way too much detail for my taste.
57. "Undeniably Yours" by Heather Webber (finished 8/27/14). I still love this series. I want more of Lucy and Sean!
58. "Syphon's Song" by Anise Rae (finished 8/31/14). I really enjoyed this story of magic and love.
59. "Better Than Perfect" by Kristina Mathews (finished 9/2/14). A nice contemporary with a baseball player.
60. "Blood Gate" by Amy Lee Burgess (finished 9/10/14). A nice story with some twists and turns.
61. "Hearts in Harmony" by Gemma Brocato (finished 9/18/14). Pippa and Clay's story. I think I'm falling in love with the Kerrigan family and can't wait to dive into the next book.
62. "Exposed to Passion" by Gemma Brocato (finished 9/25/14). Sam and Rikki's story. Choked me up there at the end. That doesn't happen very often.
63. "Bringing a Ghost Back to Life" by Meg Cooper (finished 9/26/14). Short story. Would have preferred it to be a little spookier, but an okay story.
64. "Hearts in Darkness" by Laura Kaye (finished 10/3/14). Sucked me in quickly and never let go. I could have easily kept reading once I reached the end, too.
65. "Night Walker" by Lisa Kessler (finished 10/4/14). Calisto's and Kate's story. Some good suspenseful parts and a nice romance.
66. "Silver Wolf Clan" by Tera Shanley (finished 10/5/14). A love story! Happy reader. No sex scene--darn it! Still loved it.
67. "Trancehack" by Sonya Clark (finished 10/10/14). Great paranormal romantic suspense. And I loved Nate and Calla. Hard to put down.
68. "Immortal" by J.R. Ward (finished 10/18/14). Great ending to a series that got better as the books progressed.
69. "One Moment's Pleasure" by Rue Allyn (finished 10/24/14). Entertaining historical romance which gets steamy (yay!) toward the end.
70. "A Winter Wedding" by Gemma Brocato (finished 10/25/14). Loved being back in Pippa's and Clay's head, even for a novella. Great little read.
71. "Speak No Evil" by Allison Brennan (finished 10/27/14). Nick Thomas' and Carina Kincaid's story. Lots of suspense. And I enjoyed seeing more of Lucy Kincaid's family!
72. "See No Evil" by Allison Brennan (finished 10/28/14). Connor Kincaid's and Julia Chandler's story. I shouldn't have waited so stinkin' long to read this series.
73. "Fear No Evil" by Allison Brennan (finished 10/30/14). Dillon Kincaid's and Kate Donovan's story, which features Lucy Kincaid's abduction. I still can't believe I missed these books. Loved them!
74. "Freaks" by Tess Gerritsen (finished 10/30/14). Interesting short story, but only confirms to myself I MUCH prefer the longer ones.
75. "Sick" by Brett Battles (finished 11/6/14). Nice thriller/horror, but first in a series (and I'm not in the mood to read another series). Kind of reminded me of The Stand, but without the supernatural aspects.
76. "Take Me, Cowboy" by Jane Porter (finished 11/7/14). It was nice getting lost in this contemporary romance (novella).
77. "Seventh Grave and No Body" by Darynda Jones (finished 11/15/14). Seventh book in the series and still going strong. I want #8 now!
78. "Deadly Heat" by Richard Castle (finished 11/25/14). Not as good as the others or I'm just not liking the genre anymore--haven't decided yet.
79. "The Down Home Zombie Blues" by Linnea Sinclair (finished 12/4/14). Loved Theo and Jorie. Lots of alien action, too. Great book.
80. "Ho Ho Honeybun" by Sam Cheever (finished 12/5/14). A novella. Kind of a farcical romantic suspense (if only going by some of the character names). I am a bit curious about the rest of the series.
81. "Reckless" by Jessi Gage (finished 12/9/14). A different kind of paranormal romance (okay, maybe supernatural?) and I enjoyed it very much.
82. "Forgive and Forget" by Heather Ashby (finished 12/14/14). An enjoyable military romance, but the ending felt kind of rushed.
83. "Rude Awakening: WinterJacked #1" by Athena Grayson (finished 12/16/14). Too many unknown creatures for me to keep track of, but I liked Jack and Lin to overcompensate that.
84. "Petals and Thorns" by Jeffe Kennedy (finished 12/17/14). Didn't like the main male character and felt some of the stuff he did bordered on abuse, but I thought it was written well.
85. "The Billionaire's Baby Bargain" by Shelli Stevens (finished 12/17/14). More issues with the main male character which spoiled the story for me.
86. "Collision Course" by Desiree Holt (finished 12/20/14). A sexy romantic suspense that entertained me.
87. "Dark Forest" by Emma Weylin (finished 12/21/14). This paranormal romance was way too short for my pleasure.
88. "A Different Shade of Blue" by Hildie McQueen (finished 12/22/14). Very enjoyable historical romance.
Only made it to 88 (2 short of my goal). Bummer. Hopefully I have better luck in 2015.