I did well last year. Had a goal of 50 books and read 57. But now I'm back to walking on the treadmill and taking the time to read MORE, so I've upped my goal to a whopping 90 books this year! Wish me luck!!
1. "Day Shift" by Charlaine Harris (2015). 362 pages. Finished 1/2/19. Urban Fantasy. Midnight, Texas #2. Not as much fun as the Sookie Stackhouse books (although some characters from that series do pop up in this book), but it was enjoyable.
2. "Night Shift" by Charlaine Harris (2016). 385 pages. Finished 1/7/19. Urban Fantasy. Midnight, Texas #3. Sorry to see this is the end of the trilogy. I would have liked to have read more.
3. "Driving Heat" by Richard Castle (2015). 329 pages. Finished 1/15/19. Crime drama. Nikki Heat #7. Entertaining read of characters I like, but the head hopping was a little annoying.
4. "High Heat" by Richard Castle (2016). 296 pages. Finished 1/20/19. Crime drama. Nikki Heat #8. Better than the last book, but left me hanging. Ugh.
5. "Heat Storm" by Richard Castle (2017). 312 pages. Finished 1/23/19. Crime drama. Nikki Heat #9. This one was a lot of fun to read, mostly because of Carl Storm.
6. Can't say for now since I'm judging. Will fill in when I'm allowed. (2018). 172 pages. Finished 1/27/19. Contemporary romance.
7. Can't say for now since I'm judging. Will fill in when I'm allowed. (2018). 124 pages. Finished 1/29/19. Fantasy romance.
8. Can't say for now since I'm judging. Will fill in when I'm allowed. (2018). 191 pages. Finished 2/2/19. Contemporary romance.
9. Can't say for now since I'm judging. Will fill in when I'm allowed. (2018). 283 pages. Finished 2/4/19. Contemporary romance.
10. Can't say for now since I'm judging. Will fill in when I'm allowed. (2018). 219 pages. Finished 2/6/19. Contemporary romance.
11. "Summoned to Thirteenth Grave" by Darynda Jones (2018). 292 pages. Finished 2/8/19. Urban fantasy. Charley Davidson #13. A fitting end to the series, but I'm sad it's over. I'll miss Charley and Reyes.
12. "Never Let Me Fall" by Abbie Roads (2018). 281 pages. Finished 2/22/19. Paranormal romantic suspense. Fatal Dreams #3. Thomas's and Helena's story. I enjoyed the darkness, the paranormal, and the romance. This is a good series.
13. "Skinwalker" by Faith Hunter (2009). 320 pages. Finished 3/3/19. Urban fantasy. Jane Yellowrock #1. Very similar to Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series (with lots and lots of description), but without all the sex. Good read.
14. "Prisoner of Night" by J.R. Ward (2019). 201 pages. Finished 3/12/19. Paranormal romance. Black Dagger Brotherhood #16.5. Duran and Ahmare's story. For a novella, it read more like some other author's novel. I was happy to be back in the world, even if none of the brothers showed up.
15. "Big Easy Evil" by Heather Graham (2017). 127 pages. Finished 3/17/19. Paranormal mystery. Cafferty & Quinn #3.7. Entertaining and nice to be back into this world.
16. "The Double D Ranch" by Rochelle Bradley (2017). 299 pages. Finished 3/20/19. Romantic comedy. Fortuna, Texas #1.