I have a dilemma regarding my first book, THE UNCOMMON ONE. While it’s currently with an agent (who requested the full back on Dec 27), I’m wondering if I should continue to query the book. I don’t want to give up on it. Not yet. But I don’t want to burn all my bridges, either.
The rejects are making me doubt myself. If I keep getting rejects, is it because the story isn’t unique or is it because I haven’t found the right agent/editor? If it’s the first and I query everyone, then I’ve lost my chance. If it’s the second, I don’t want to change the book if nothing’s wrong with it. It’s these kinds of decisions that drive me nuts.
So… I entered it into another contest. The finalists will be notified on April 11th. I think I will wait until I hear back from that and see what kind of comments I get.
If I final, then forget it – I’ll go back to querying! If I don’t, then I will rethink the story. I won’t give up on this book (and the sequel). I love it too much to do that.
You got anything driving you nuts? Please share so I don’t feel alone!