Monday, March 5, 2012

Back Home

It was a long drive yesterday. Fourteen hours in the car. But we made it back and I even got one load of laundry done (the rest will be done tonight).

Even if I didn't need to be back at work today, my husband would have. The manufacturing plant with the company he works for is located in West Liberty, KY. And from what we've heard, the downtown is gone – tornado flattened everything. The plant is still there (it was up on a hill), and everyone seems to be accounted for (thank GOD), but now my husband has to travel to KY and see about moving computer operations to the distribution center.

I had a good time in New Orleans, though. The weather was definitely warmer. I will try and report something later this week. Unfortunately, I was bad with the camera and didn't take any pictures. Go ahead – slap my hand. I deserve it!

Oh – and my pitches went well. Pages were requested and I've already sent them out. I didn't waste ANY time.

Now…back to dressing warmer. Brrrrr.

5 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

Congratulations! Pages requested is always a good thing. Glad you had such a good time.

Maria Zannini said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to face the storms. I am so heartsick for those people.

Hope your weather improves soon.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I'm glad you had fun in NO! Congrats on the requests, and good luck!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Anne - I know the agents will most likely ask for pages (as one well-known writer said at the conference - they don't want to get stabbed in the parking lot by someone who got rejected by their pitch), but at least I'm fairly sure my stuff will be read.

Maria - Even if we were home, the storms didn't hit near us (yea). But my husband is in KY now working. I'm sure he'll bring some pictures back. I can't even imagine what it must look like down there.

Jennette - You'd have had fun there, too. Maybe next year??

The Happy Whisk said...

Fantastic on your pages being requested and go you, for sending them out. It's always a shame when I read about writers, not doing the next steps.